Accounts Payable (AP) represents an essential but often cumbersome and error-prone part of everyday business operations. From maintaining supplier relationships to ensuring timely payments, manual AP processes can quickly become a headache. Fortunately, Microsoft Dynamics 365 introduces automation capabilities that streamline vendor invoicing, significantly reducing stress and potential errors while enhancing visibility into the invoicing process.
This blog offers insights into the variety of configuration options for your vendor invoice automation settings, helping you understand and maximize the efficiencies available through invoice automation.
What’s on Offer? Exploring Setup Options for Invoice Automation
1. Automatically Applying Prepayments in Imported Invoices
- Automatic Prepayment Application: If set to ‘Yes’, the system will automatically search for applicable prepayments during invoice importation.
- Blocking Process on Prepayment Failure: Selecting ‘Yes’ will halt the invoice process if a prepayment cannot be applied.
2. Parameters for Workflow and Product Receipt Line Matching
- Automated Processing Background Tasks: Utilize the process automation framework for various tasks like invoice matching validation and automatic matching of product receipt lines.
- Background Process Frequencies: Choose how often the process runs, with available frequencies being ‘Hour’ and ‘Daily’.
3. Vendor Invoice Workflow
- Set up a touchless automation process from import through invoice posting by configuring a Vendor Invoice Workflow under Accounts payable > Setup > Accounts payable workflows.
- Include an automated posting task to enable end-to-end processing without manual interference.
4. Parameters for Workflow System Submission
Various specific parameters enable automatic submission of imported invoices and match product receipt lines. These can be found under the Vendor invoice automation tab in the Accounts payable parameters page.
Diving into Key Parameters
Here’s a more detailed look at some important parameters:
- Automatically Submit Imported Invoices to Workflow: Set to ‘Yes’ for automatic submission, allowing for a seamless process from import to posting.
- Matching Product Receipts Prior to Submission: Enable this for automatic matching of product receipts to invoice lines, ensuring the matched quantity equals the invoice quantity.
- Requiring Calculated Totals to Equal Imported Totals: Select ‘Yes’ to ensure invoice submission only when the calculated totals match the imported ones.
- Automatically Match Product Receipts to Invoice Lines: Choose ‘Yes’ for background processing to automatically match product receipts to invoice lines.
- Number of Times to Attempt Automatic Matching: Determine how many attempts the system should make before concluding that matching has failed.
Moving Forward with Automation
Invoice automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management offers a transformative approach to a traditionally tedious aspect of business. By understanding and utilizing the right setup options, you can foster efficiency, accuracy, and quality control.
If you are interested in learning more about understanding configuration options for vendor invoice automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, contact us here to find out how we can help you grow your business. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 345-8817