Update Case Origin When Activity is Converted

• Update Case Origin When Activity is Converted

Posted by Chrys Wilkinson on May 26, 2023 at 9:47 am

We are on D365 v9.1 on-prem. I wanted to know if there is a way to populate the origin of a case (incident) when an appointment, task or a custom activity gets converted without the need of a workflow or plugin. The options listed are Phone, Email, Web, Facebook, and Twitter but how can I include the Task, Appointment and custom?

Thank you in advance,

Chrys

Chrys Wilkinson replied 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Heidi Neuhauser

May 26, 2023 at 10:26 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Chrys!

I want to make sure I understand your ask (requirement) here. Can you let me know if this is what you’re looking to do?

– You want to update Origin on the CASE to include Task, Appointment and Custom.

And once that is done, you need the following to be true:

– When an email is converted into a CASE, the Case Origin should equal Email.

– When a Task is converted into a CASE, the Case Origin should equal Task.

Or am I totally wrong and it’s something else?! 😄
    Requirements are hard to get through typing only!

Thanks!

• Chrys Wilkinson

May 26, 2023 at 10:29 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, this is exactly what I am asking about. Is there a way to do this OOB. Currently, we are using workflows and plugins to do this.

The discussion ‘Update Case Origin When Activity is Converted’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!