Email Tracking

• Email Tracking

Posted by Chris Warren on March 31, 2023 at 6:57 pm

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here use a 3rd party email tracking tool for D365? If so, what do you use? I’m getting a lot of negative feedback on the Out-of-the-box email tracking tool for D365 and was asked to look into other solutions.

Here are the requirements:

• All incoming emails that are accounts/contacts/leads in D365 automatically are tracked in the system
    • All replies to emails are automatically tracked
    • Forwards to internal employees, or replying to an email and taking the external users off, would not track.

I know that the D365 Outlook tracking tool is easy to use, especially with the categories/tags functionality that is being rolled out, but apparently, it’s too hard for users to do this. They also don’t want to send emails using the D365 interface.. only Outlook. So I was asked to look into alternative solutions.

Anyone using an alternative solution?

Kylie Kiser replied 1 year ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Heidi Neuhauser

April 3, 2023 at 9:45 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

This is an interesting post! I’ve not heard the negative feedback – what have you heard? There’s a native integration between Outlook & Dynamics 365. I’m not sure I would recommend a 3rd party tool when you can link them so easily. But that’s just me 🙂

I look forward to hearing what others think!

@kyliekiser do you know of 3rd party tools for Outlook & D365?

• Kylie Kiser

April 19, 2023 at 1:11 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Can you share a bit more about the issues you are seeing? Are you using the old CRM for Outlook client or the newer D365 App for Outlook?

The App is much better and continues to improve. Plus, there are ways to customize. You can change the fields that show up when viewing the related records for an email or add additional Tables to track/regard against. I would also recommend you look at the User Settings Utility in XrmToolBox as you can use this to set some of the App settings such as which emails are tracked.

Then add on @heidineuhauser ‘s favorite thing – Viva for Sales! You will have all the power!

The discussion ‘Email Tracking’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!