Editing a Note in Case Timeline

• Editing a Note in Case Timeline

Posted by Jim Corriveau on January 19, 2024 at 4:33 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is specific to just notes in the Case timeline, but I have one User that creates a new note, saves it, and then when they edit it the edit fails with ‘duplicate index’. Once they get this error, they cannot edit any note they have created, they get this error every time. They can still add a new note, but not edit any note. The edit note dialog shows an ‘add note’ button not the expected ‘save’ note button. Months ago, this was happening with 10-15 Users, I worked with our network team and Chrome cache is cleared every time they close their browser. This worked for everyone except this 1 User. The User works around the issue by copying everything from the existing note, creates a new note, pastes, and then makes the changes/updates. They do this for a day or so, then it works again.

Has anyone seen this duplicate index error when updating a note?

Thank you,

Jim

Jim Corriveau replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Heidi Neuhauser

January 29, 2024 at 1:47 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Smells like it might be a funky permissions issue. Can you confirm the user has a security role that gives them write and append to permissions on Notes?

• Jim Corriveau

February 2, 2024 at 9:07 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

It can’t be a permissions issue because it works for the User some of the time, but not all of the time. On notes that they have created and own. I’m leaning towards a UI thing because, when there is going to be an issue, when they click on the edit of a note the popup window shows the Add button at the bottom not the Save button, the ultimate kiss of death. Then a day or so passes and it works again, edit a note, no add button but a save button and all is good.

I can’t be the only one with the only User in the world having this issue, am I?

Thank you,

Jim

The discussion ‘Editing a Note in Case Timeline’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!