YTD Depreciation

• YTD Depreciation

Posted by mary-johnson on February 27, 2017 at 9:04 am
    • Mary Johnson

February 27, 2017 at 9:04 AM

I made a mistake closing the year and did not print a smartlist with year to date depreciation.  What is the best way to get YTD depreciaton for my audit?  If this can be accomplished without running a script that would be best.

Thanks!

——————————
      Mary Johnson

Cincinnati OH
      ——————————

• Lou Spevack

February 27, 2017 at 6:14 PM

GP added date sensitivity to FA in GP 2015.  So if you were on GP2015, select the detailed or summary activity reports and select 2016 for the FA Year.
      27tYzOA8R3S6gr9YBSi9_Depr Report.JPG
      zA21HqR8S2t2pbOQUQa6_Depreciation.JPG
      If you are unable to run that report for the closed year, take your system administrator to lunch and ask them to restore the pre-closing backup for the closed year on a test server.  You can then run all your reports for the year.

——————————
      Lou Spevack
      Systems Accountant | Dynamics Credentialed Professional
      American Council on Education
      Washington DC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary Johnson

March 2, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Unfortunatly I am running GP 2013…Suggestions?

——————————
      Mary Johnson
      Sims-Lohman
      Cincinnati OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Rob Klaproth

March 2, 2017 at 4:06 PM

Hi Mary,
      Unfortunately you can not run reports historical until after you upgrade, so the only way to get those reports back is to restore from a pre-close backup, if you guys have a test server your IT could restore on there and then you could run your reports, otherwise I am not sure there would be any way.   You could put a case in with Microsoft support, they may have a process or script to undo year end close on the fixed asset module.  They definitely have a script for un-doing the year end close for the GL if you’re on an older version that doesn’t have the reverse year end routine… but for FA, I’ve never asked them.
      Rob

——Original Message——

Unfortunatly I am running GP 2013…Suggestions?

——————————
      Mary Johnson
      Sims-Lohman
      Cincinnati OH
      ——————————

• Diana Doane

March 2, 2017 at 5:17 PM

The change to allow date sensitivity in Fixed Asset reporting happened with GP2013 rather than GP2015.  You should be able to go back and print prior period reports with the version you are currently on.  If you are not familiar with how to do this, let us know which FA reports and we can provide further instruction.

——————————
      Diana Doane
      Ascend Learning, LLC
      Leawood KS
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Lou Spevack

March 3, 2017 at 7:02 AM

Thanks for the correction, Rob.  There have been so many features released in the last four years that it can be hard to keep track.  It was indeed a GP 2013 feature.

Mary, here is a nice blog post from Ian Grieve describing the new Fixed Asset Historical Depreciation Report.

——————————
      Lou Spevack
      Systems Accountant | Dynamics Credentialed Professional
      American Council on Education
      Washington DC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary Johnson

March 8, 2017 at 11:01 AM

Thanks.  It looks like with a little modification, this is just what I need!

——————————
      Mary Johnson
      Sims-Lohman
      Cincinnati OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

mary-johnson replied 7 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘YTD Depreciation’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!