Two Ap Accounts

• Two Ap Accounts

Posted by DSC Communities on December 6, 2016 at 1:35 pm
    • Jill Dryfhout

December 6, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I recently set up a second AP account using a separate checkbook. However when I run the reconcile to GL it’s pulling in the first AND the second AP account. Do I have to reconcile them as a whole or can I do it separately? Also, when I run a historical aged TB in payables module it pulls in both there also. Any thoughts?

——————————
      Jill Dryfhout
      Illinois Credit Union System
      Naperville IL
      ——————————

• Lou Spevack

December 6, 2016 at 4:22 PM

You are using two control accounts for payables transactions.  For all your vouchers, the PAY transaction type will apply the transaction to your PM Aged Trial Balance regardless of which control account you use.  You will then need to reconcile the PM HATB report to the sum of both control accounts.

Here is a trick you can use to be able to run separate aging reports for the two control accounts.  When you have an account that goes to the second control account, change the voucher number to a have a different prefix.  You can then use the document number restriction.  If the second control account is specific to certain vendors and there is no overlap, you can assign a vendor class to those vendors and a different vendor class to all other vendors. Then run the PM HATB report by vendor class.

‘Hope this helps.

——————————
      Lou Spevack
      Systems Accountant | Dynamics Credentialed Professional
      American Council on Education
      Washington DC
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Two Ap Accounts’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!