Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

• Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

Posted by DSC Communities on August 25, 2022 at 5:37 pm

Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?
    Deepak Karavadra
    Deepak KaravadraAug 25, 2022 07:27 AM
    Hi, I need to de-activate a number of leads in our Dynamics 365 system but all I have is a spreadsheet …
    1. Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Deepak Karavadra
    Posted Aug 25, 2022 07:27 AM
    Hi,

I need to de-activate a number of leads in our Dynamics 365 system but all I have is a spreadsheet with their Full Name and email addresses.

With email addresses being unique is there a way I can look up all the leads in CRM using the multiple email addresses in the spreadsheet?

Using Advanced Find it looks like I can only search one lead at a time using one email address at a time.

Regards.

——————————
    Deepak
    ——————————

2. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Adam Travers
    Posted Aug 25, 2022 10:31 AM
    You can use the Bulk Data Finder Tool within XrmToolBox. The below example is me testing with Contacts on Email address.

Bulk Data Finder

——————————
    Regards, Adam Travers
    Empath Services Ltd
    Southampton
    ——————————

3. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Deepak Karavadra
    Posted Aug 25, 2022 10:53 AM
    Thank you Adam. I’m unable to view your image, however I have heard of the XrmToolBox before so will look into getting that installed.

Kind Regards.

——————————
    Deepak
    ——————————

4. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Jeff Woodard
    Posted Aug 26, 2022 09:05 AM
    @Deepak Karavadra, the XRM toolbox is a must-have tool with soooo many different community developed tools. It’s free (donations are encouraged), and very simple install as it basically unzips into a folder. You can download it here: Home · XrmToolBox. ​

——————————
    Jeff Woodard
    Chief Technical Officer
    Transportation Financial Services, Inc.
    West Palm Beach FL
    ——————————

5. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Gerry Yurko
    Posted Aug 29, 2022 10:28 AM
    First, Leads cannot be deactivated. They can either be Disqualified or Deleted. Both can be done, but the process is a bit different

You could use the Advanced Find, “Export and Re-Import” feature to accomplisgh you goal.
    Your Advanced Find should have the Full Name, Email Address and Status Fields as Columns.
    Run the Query and Export the result to an Excel Worksheet.
    At least 3 blank Columns to the Right of the Table, copy your email addresses that you wish to Disqualify
    It should be sorted by Email Address
    Create a Range Name for your copied Table
    I use one Letter like “L” for Leads
    In the Column to the right of your Table, add the following Formula
    =VLOOKUP([@Email],L,1,FALSE)
    False is very Important so it will result in “#N/A” if it is not found
    The new Column will be called “Column1”
    Sort by “Column1” and all of the tagged Emails will rise to the top
    Hopefully it will match the Rows from you copied Table (L)

Delete the full rows of all the Leads that end with “#N/A”

Change the Status for all remaining rows to “Disqualified”
    Save the Worksheet with some meaningful name like “Disqualify Leads (###)”
    I like to put the number of Rows I am affetcing in the name as a Proof of the change
    Import the saved Table back into CRM
    When the Import is complete, all of your Leads will be updated as “Disqualified/Deactivated”

If you have over 50,000 Leads, you will need to be a bit more Creative with you Exports. One idea would be to create subsets of the Export based on Creation Date

If you need to Delete the Leads, add an unused text Column to your Query. Add some Keyword to the Column like “Delete” and Import the Worksheet back in to CRM. Now you can seacrh for Leads based on the Data in that Column and do a Bulk Delete of your Leads

——————————
    Gerry Yurko
    Sofware Engineer III
    Crown Castle Fiber Networks
    Boxborough MA
    ——————————

6. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Donal McCarthy
    Posted Aug 30, 2022 03:25 AM
    Edited by Donal McCarthy Aug 30, 2022 03:32 AM
    The trickiest bit for what you want to do is to create a view from a list of email addresses.
    To do this, you will need XrmToolbox and FetchXML Builder.

Create a Lead view with the columns that you want to work on.
    Add a filter to the view similar to the below.
    Keep the number of columns in the view to the columns that you want to work on. If you are disqualifying leads, you won’t need much – Status and Status Reason – but this can also be done via the UI.

Create a spreadsheet with the email address that you want to work on in the A column.
    Add the below forumala to the B column
    =CONCAT( “<condition attribute=”, CHAR(34), “emailaddress1″, CHAR(34),” “, “operator=”,CHAR(34), “like”, CHAR(34),” “,”value=”, CHAR(34), “%”, A2, “%”, CHAR(34), ” />”)
    This should covert the email address into something like
    <condition attribute=”emailaddress1″ operator=”like” value=”%bob@company.com%” />
    Copy all of the converted email address code in the B column.
    Open your view in the FetchXML Builder and click View | FetchXML.
    Paste the copied code over the condition code.

Save the view

Now you have a view that you can use to do your bulk update. You can either do this in the CRM (increase your the number of rows to 250 in your personalization settings) or you can use the bulk Bulk Data Updater. In the CRM, all you have to do is select the leads and click the Disqualify button.

Both the XRM Tools mentioned here were developed for free by @Jonas Rapp.​​

——————————
    Donal McCarthy
    BrightWork 365 Solution Architect
    BrightWork
    Galway
    ——————————

7. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Nataliya Tsyplakova
    Posted Aug 31, 2022 08:53 AM

Not sure if it will work for you but this is how I am handling the situation when the user just sends me an Excel spreadsheet of selected records and asks to do bulk update (although it’s usually less than 1000 records at a time). I am creating a file to generate temporary tasks in bulk for these records with fake subject and regarding: email address (hopefully it’s unique). Then importing to D365 (check data map so that the lookup up is against the email address), creating an AF where Lead has a task and as a result I am getting the exact same list as spreadsheet. After the updates are done, I am deleting the tasks that I created. It’s kind of a weird workaroud, but works for me.

——————————
    Nataliya Tsyplakova
    World Vision Canada
    ——————————

8. RE: Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Rachel Espy
    Posted Aug 31, 2022 03:25 PM
    Microsoft 2022 Wave 2 includes a new Dataverse search feature. If you are using D365 Online, and willing to go ahead and enable it (it will be automatically enabled in Oct), then it can satisfy your need out of the box with very little work.

Here are the instructions for setting it up: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/configure-relevance-search-organization#set-up-dataverse-search.

And for using it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/user/relevance-search.

——————————
    Rachel Espy
    CRM Application Developer
    Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
    Lebanon TN
    ——————————

replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Is it possible to look up Leads by multiple email addresses at once in Dynamics 365?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!