How Many Email Delivery Attempts Will Be Made Before An Email Is Canceled?

• How Many Email Delivery Attempts Will Be Made Before An Email Is Canceled?

Posted by Jim Corriveau on June 5, 2023 at 11:43 am

Community,

Given the issues MS is experiencing with emails today, I was wondering if anyone knows how many outbound delivery attempts Server Side Sync will make to exchange before canceling a Pending Send message in CRM?

Thank you,

Jim

Jim Corriveau replied 10 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Heidi Neuhauser

June 5, 2023 at 1:32 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Jim,

I actually wasn’t aware there was an issue! When I saw your message, I checked my Power Platform Admin center and it looks like an update was applied:

June 5, 2023 1:07 PM EDT · Quick update

“Telemetry indicates that service availability is at approximately 99.9% across the service. We’re continuing to isolate a small number of components which remain in an unhealthy state and are performing targeted restarts to remediate the residual impact.

This quick update is designed to give the latest information on this issue.”

Did that update your users/system successfully?

• Heidi Neuhauser

June 5, 2023 at 1:47 pm
    Up
    Down

To more directly answer your question, are you exchange online? On Prem? Version? That’d be an Exchange setting, I believe. I am unaware of anywhere in Dynamics/Dataverse where you can configure that.

• Jim Corriveau

June 5, 2023 at 10:48 pm
    Up
    Down

Heidi,

The direct answer to your version question is: CRM/SSS and Exchange in the cloud, latest version across the board, all owned and operated by Microsoft.

A question to your question, is there a difference in delivery attempts before cancellation for the different versions and cloud/on-premise configurations? If so, do you know what those numbers are?

(It’s early-on with Dynamics Communities and, selfishly, I need this site to succeed because it’s predecessor had a wealth of information and was enormously helpful in my day-to-day. In this discussion, I only really care about the cloud version of everything, but one thing I hated in the old site was finding a discussion that answered the question for a specific configuration, but did not answer it for my configuration. This is my attempt to buck the trend of leaving different configurations out of the response, or maybe a wake up call to the site admins to add a method to give responses to the same issue for Users with different configurations?)

Thank you,

Jim

• Jim Corriveau

June 22, 2023 at 11:45 pm
    Up
    Down

I opened a ticket with MS and they stated that an email send will be attempted 15 times before it enters a failed status. I’m checking to see if this information is published, if it is I’ll post the link, but for now you just have to trust me, they told me 15.

Thank you,

Jim

The discussion ‘How Many Email Delivery Attempts Will Be Made Before An Email Is Canceled?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!