Shipping Agent Service Code Default

• Shipping Agent Service Code Default

Posted by DSC Communities on December 29, 2016 at 12:49 pm
    • Kristina Frank

December 29, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Hello NAVUG!

We are using NAV 2015.  I want to change our default Shipping Agent Code and Shipping Agent Service Code when we set up new customers.  I found the Defaults Setup and changed the Shipping Agent Code under Customer Sales to UPS.  However, I can not find where to update Shipping Agent Service Code.  Now, when I create a new customer the correct Shipping Agent Code (UPS) is populated, but the Shipping Agent Service Code is populated with the prior value (FGN), which is not associated with UPS.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

——————————
      Kristina Frank
      Controller
      Cline Tool & Services
      Newton IA
      ——————————

• David Wiser

December 29, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Are you using E-Ship or base NAV.  For base NAV, each Shipping Agent Service is attached to a specific Shipping Agent.  If you search for Shipping Agent, you can open the page listing the various Shipping Agents.  Then, click on Shipping Agent Services from the ribbon to see or set up codes associated with the Shipping Agent.  You should then be able to go back to the customer card and enter the new shipping agent.  After entering the new shipping agent, the associated service codes should be visible when drilling into the Shipping Agent Code and available to select.

If using E-Ship, there is a page to select the defaults, but I don’t have access to a working Lanham db anymore, so someone else will have to chime in.

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ————————————————————————-

• Kris Ruyeras

December 29, 2016 at 2:27 PM

If you’re using E-Ship, the screenshot attached is where you’d set the default for the E-Ship Agent Service.

If for base NAV, I’m not sure if there is a default to setup for Shipping Agent Service Code but there is one for Shipping Agent Code as you’ve found.

If E-ship, it would fall under the E-ship tab on the customer tab.

Q4k9GVcNSp28wxvMBIuQ_ShippingAgent.PNG

——————————
      Kristoffer Ruyeras
      Director of Business Technology
      Bellegrove Medical Supply
      Redmond, WA

• Kristina Frank

December 29, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Good Afternoon,

We are using Beck’s Pack-N-Ship and I do not see a default in the Pack-N-Ship set up.

I suspect we requested a customization at some point which resulted in code because when I create a new customer, the Shipping Agent Service Code defaults to a code not set up for the defaulted Shipping Agent.  We can change service code when we create the customer, but I would prefer to change the default to the correct service or left blank to prevent future issues with sales orders.

Thank you for the responses!

——————————
      Kristina Frank
      Controller
      Cline Tool & Services
      Newton IA

• Kris Ruyeras

December 29, 2016 at 6:57 PM

That would be a modification if no option to default.

Another thing you can do without modification is apply a customer template to autofill certain fields where there’s no option for defaults.

——————————
      Kristoffer Ruyeras
      Director of Business Technology
      Bellegrove Medical Supply
      Redmon, WA

• Ian Ray

December 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM

We also use Beck Pack N Ship.

I found that I had to go into the customer cards and reselect the Shipping Agent Code before the correct Shipping Agent Service Codes would display. There must be a way around this, but I haven’t found it.

Additionally, if you want to verify the shipping codes, go to “Shipping Agents” and navigate to “Services.” This will verify that they are set up.

I attached screenshots of what I mean.

z87UGbzISf6Z3uvmsGXG_Fedex-no-services.PNG

Customer without service codes showing

fdRbKv83S2C41edMnYNy_Fedex-select-again.PNG

Reselect Shipping Agent Code

3llDRHUQSe1nt56gCOHs_Fedex-with-services.PNG

Services now display

lOGSnnIaT0YzG9YmH82t_Fedex-card-services.PNG

Fedex Service Agent Card – Navigate – Services

Also, I would check the card for what is set up for default shipping service. When I create a new customer, it does default the shipping agent service code as shown here:

qIjJ4knzTnmILvU3YgCU_Default Code.PNG

I am curious: did you have a UPS code set up before Pack N Ship was implemented, or was UPS added afterward? Most of my trouble was because we had a FEDEX code set up beforehand.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      Arcata CA

• Rick Dill

December 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Hi Kristina, are you using templates?  You could use templates to store all of your defaults and then click the “Apply Template” to have it fill in the default values for you.

——————————
      Rick Dill
      Consultant
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      Waupaca WI

• Richard Goward

March 21, 2017 at 2:05 PM

We have a situation where the customer card is set up correctly with the shipping agent code and e ship agent service.
      When an SO is created with that customer, the shipping agent code and e ship agent service are not showing what is on the customer card. And this is not consistent. Some customers do have the correct shipping services on the SO and others do not.
      All are set up correctly on the customer card.

——————————
      Richard Goward
      Dermae
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeane Meade

March 21, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Just a couple things to check into…

…the customer card has E-Ship filled in, not Shipping.

…Shipping Agent/Shipping Agent Services are all blank, while the Shipping Agent/E-Ship Agent Services have correct values.

Also, is the customer card being used a “Generic” card where the information is all on Ship-to addresses or is each a unique customer card?  If unique, are Ship-to addresses being set up on the Customer card or if the ship-to is different than the customer card, is the ship-to being hand keyed on the sale order only?

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Richard Goward

March 22, 2017 at 6:47 PM

Below is the E-ship agent code. We have the shipping set up on E-ship not in the shipping area. However the shipping area is like you have highlighted-there is a value in the Shipping Agent Code field and it matches the E-Ship area of the same field.
      Each customer is unique and ship to is the bill to unless otherwise changed.
      The problem is not consistent. some customers of a certain order type are all good.
      Another order type has some Sales Order correct and others incorrect.

——————————
      Richard Goward
      Dermae
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Shipping Agent Service Code Default’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!