Items with no transactions since a given date

• Items with no transactions since a given date

Posted by Blaine Pennypacker on May 6, 2024 at 2:25 pm

Hello, I’d like to get a list of items that have had no transactions since 1/1/2016. Does anyone know of a report that would give me this or how I could set one up to do this?

Chris Warren replied 1 week, 4 days ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Lewis Rosenberg

May 6, 2024 at 6:38 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

All inventory transactions are written to the Item ledger Entry table, so you might be able to write a report using the Item Table and the Item Ledger Entry table.

• Tiffany Collums

May 7, 2024 at 8:54 am
    Up
    Down

I agree with Lewis on using the Item Ledger Entries and Item tables.

I go to Item Ledger Entries and sort Posting Date by descending order then export to Excel, then I delete duplicates by Item No. Then to get a comprehensive list of items with no activity or latest transaction date, I also take an export of all Items and do a vlookup against Item No and bring in the Posting Date from the Item Ledger Entries export. I can then filter by whatever date period I am looking for and it also will show me items with no transaction history too.

• Saurav Dhyani (MVP)

May 7, 2024 at 1:02 pm
    Up
    Down

As Lewis said you can create a report with Item and Item Ledger Entries to identify items.

or You can do a small mod –

1. Create a new flowfield in Item (Ledger Exist).

2. The Flowfield should also utilize date filter to filter data in Item ledger entries.

3. Add that flowfield in List page.

4. Set Limit Total Filter to Date Filter Flowfilter.

5. Filter list with new Boolean as false.

Regards,

Saurav Dhyani

https://bit.ly/SubscribeSauravYouTube

• Chris Warren

May 7, 2024 at 9:30 pm
    Up
    Down

Another option: If you have Jet Reports, you can quickly create this by filtering on the Item Ledger Entries (as previously mentioned) and doing a table filter based on the posting date. If you want this item-by-item, you can either prompt the report to ask you what Item Number or create a pivot table in that Excel sheet based on the data that Jet brings in.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!