Customer Applied Entries screen incorrect for partial payment

• Customer Applied Entries screen incorrect for partial payment

Posted by Jason Wilder on July 9, 2024 at 8:59 am

There is a “bug” in NAV/BC that has always existed as far as I know. Maybe I am doing something silly or missing something because the Customer Applied Entries screen has never worked for an invoice that is partially paid.

Here is an example I just entered in a BC24 sandbox environment. The scenario is that there is a payment ($110) and 2 invoices ($100 and $50) that need to be applied from the customer card.

<div>From the Customer Card go to Ledger Entries, click on the Payment line and then Apply Entries.</div><div>

Apply both invoices for the full amount to the $110 Payment.

Post the application.

In this case (because the amount of invoices applied is greater than the payment) BC will Apply based on the oldest date so in my case the $100 invoice will be closed and the $50 invoice will be partially paid for $10 leaving $40 remaining.

Know go back to the Payment line in the Customers Ledger Entries Page and click on the Applied Entries action. This pulls up the Applied Entries screen and if you look at any of the amount columns you will see the $100 for one invoice (good) and $50 or $0 (bad) for the other. Neither the Amount or Closed By Amount columns show you that $10 was paid. You can back out of the screen and go to the Detailed Cust. Ledger Entries to see the $10 but that is it.

This is the issue. Is it something I am doing wrong or is this just the way it is?

</div>

Meenakshi Singh replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jason Wilder

July 17, 2024 at 2:51 pm
    Up
    Down Accepted answer
    ::

I have come up with a solution with this so thought I would share.

Below is a picture of a column I added that has the correct total ($110).

I have attached a picture of the Page Extension I did to add this column if you want to use or see how it was done. It seems I cannot attach files to this post so send me a message if you want me to email the extension to you.

• Meenakshi Singh

July 23, 2024 at 11:00 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Interesting bug and solution. I haven’t encountered or tested it, but I am sure users will appreciate the insight. Thank you for sharing, Jason!!

~Meenakshi

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!