Using combo box control and saving the selected item in SQL

• Using combo box control and saving the selected item in SQL

Posted by John Heck on May 5, 2021 at 4:31 pm
    • John Heck

May 5, 2021 at 4:31 PM

Hello, I am having issues with using a combo box control in a new form with SQL.  I have a combo box that list all of the active Clients, the search works, which is why I want to use it.  How do I save the Client ID that is selected via the combo box control to the Orders table in SQL.  I have tried everything and I cannot get the Client ID into the Orders.ClientID field on a new form.  I have tried a number of statements on the OnChange and OnSelected, such as DataValueCard2 (Orders.ClientID) = cbxClient.SeletedItems.ClientID (without the SelectedItems and Seleted instead).  The second part to this form is being opened for Edit I don’t want to show the combobox control or the Orders.ClientID and I should just be able to hide them both.  Are there any good articles/YouTube videos on how to use a combo box control in a Form for data selection?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards,

——————————
      John Heck
      ——————————

John Heck replied 3 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Using combo box control and saving the selected item in SQL’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!