Selecting item from a gallery list to fill data in a Edit Form

• Selecting item from a gallery list to fill data in a Edit Form

Posted by John Heck on March 1, 2023 at 2:02 pm
    • John Heck

March 1, 2023 at 2:02 PM

Hello, I don’t know if someone has ever tried this or if it could even be done.  I tried researching it online and could not find anything.  There is an edit form and gallery list on one screen.  The users enters the part number and the list displays all the associated items for that part number.  The user wants to scroll through the list and select an item and have that item place in the item filed of the form.  I tried using a combo box to list the items though I have to do a lookup into another table for the quantity remaining field and could not get that into the combo box display.  I was able to do a lookup in the gallery list to display the item name, date created, and lookup quantity field.  The tables are in a SQL database.

Any ideas or other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

——————————
      John Heck
      ——————————

• Koen Mathijs

March 2, 2023 at 6:10 AM

Hi John,

I think you just need to set the Datasource of the form to the same Source as your Gallery. This way you can choose the same fields to be visible as in your Gallery.

The ‘Item’ property of the form should point to ‘Gallery1.Selected’ so that every time you select a different item in your Gallery, your form gets updated.

——————————
      Koen Mathijs
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

John Heck replied 1 year, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Selecting item from a gallery list to fill data in a Edit Form’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!