Selecting a specific Item/Record in a gallery upon entering the screen/gallery

• Selecting a specific Item/Record in a gallery upon entering the screen/gallery

Posted by John Heck on April 14, 2021 at 12:40 pm
    • John Heck

April 14, 2021 at 12:40 PM

Hello,
      I have a gallery that shows a list of orders, all tables are in Azure SQL.  When an order is completed it sets the global varOrderID and navigates to a Contract screen.  The OrderID is part of the Contract screen.  When the screen opens and the Contracts gallery is displayed is it possible to have the system select the gallery item that matches the OrderID to highlight the Contract that was just added? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

——————————
      Kind regards,
      John Heck
      ——————————

• Warren Belz

April 15, 2021 at 1:34 AM

Hi ,
      Assuming you have OrderID (or whatever you called it) ?as a field in your SQL table, set the Default of your Gallery to

LookUp(
         YourSQLTable,
         OrderID=varOrderID
      )

and it will select the matching item in the gallery.

——————————
      Warren Belz
      Queensland Australia
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Heck

April 15, 2021 at 2:01 PM

Hello @Warren Belz,
      I did put the LookUp(…) that you suggested above in the Default section of the Gallery (I had done this earlier and it wasnt working so I thought I was missing something).  The correct OrderID is in the variable varOrderID.  I was going to tell you that it was not selecting the correct row when the table is displayed.  I found a variable that someone had put on the screen so I wrapped the LookUp(…) in an If st?atement.

It works like a champ.  Thanks for the help Warren.

——————————
      John Heck
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

John Heck replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Selecting a specific Item/Record in a gallery upon entering the screen/gallery’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!