Saving an ID from a combo box after selecting the item from the combo box using data cards

• Saving an ID from a combo box after selecting the item from the combo box using data cards

Posted by John Heck on February 8, 2023 at 3:51 pm
    • John Heck

February 8, 2023 at 3:51 PM

Hello All,

I am drawing a blank and hoping someone knows the answer.  I am missing something.

I have a From that has a Category data card that uses a combo box to select the Category from the Category table.  The combo box only allows for one Category to be selected
      There is a CategoryID data card on the form, hidden, and I need that field filled in with the ID of the Category table of the selected Category from the combo box.  
      If the Category is updated for a record then the CategoryID would be updated with the new ID.

I have tried a number of ways to get this to work and I an not having any luck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

——————————
      John Heck
      ——————————

• Larry Heimendinger

February 9, 2023 at 1:34 PM

Set the default value of Category ID card data to be the selected value of the combo box.

Another way to d it would be to set a variable at OnChange property of combo box and have that variable be the default for the card

——————————
      Larry Heimendinger
      larry@techevents.com
      EverettWA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Heck

February 10, 2023 at 11:29 AM

Hello Larry, that is what I figured out, was to set the default value of the Category ID card data to the selected value of the combo box.  

Thanks for the help.

——————————
      John Heck
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

John Heck replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Saving an ID from a combo box after selecting the item from the combo box using data cards’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!