Check If Column value of one table matches with column value of another table then perform operation

• Check If Column value of one table matches with column value of another table then perform operation

Posted by DSC Communities on August 23, 2022 at 5:16 pm

Check If Column value of one table matches with column value of another table then perform operationFollow
    Prince Kumar
    Prince KumarAug 23, 2022 02:32 AM
    Hi Guys, I have a table that is having some divisions values named tableA(this is used in matrix) …
    1. Check If Column value of one table matches with column value of another table then perform operation

Prince Kumar
    Posted Aug 23, 2022 02:32 AM
    Hi Guys,

I have a table that is having some divisions values named tableA(this is used in matrix)
    Bakery
    Camera
    Food
    Household
    Chairs
    Fans
    I have target table ,that is having targets based on each division for this year
    Division Target_0 Target_50 Target_100 Target_150 Year
    Bakery 0.36 0.38 0.41 0.46 2022
    Camera 0.52 0.54 0.56 0.61 2022
    Food 0.48 0.5 0.52 0.57 2022
    Household 0.36 0.39 0.42 0.48 2022
    I have measure that is having these values and i need to check if divisions(table A) is present in division of target table then match it’s corresponding rows to measure

if the measure is less target_50 column then true else false.

I created measure but this works only for one row, i was trying to compare tableA[Division] with ‘Target table'[Division] directly through related also ,it isn’t working

VAR CHECK_RED=IF (FIRSTNONBLANK((tableA[Division]), 1) =FIRSTNONBLANK((‘Target table'[Division]), 1) &&
    FIRSTNONBLANK((‘Yearly Targets'[Year]), 1)=”2022″,
    IF(FORMAT(‘View By'[Measure],”Percent”)<FORMAT(FIRSTNONBLANK((‘Target table'[Target_50_Percent]),1),”Percent”),True,False),False)
    RETURN
    CHECK_RED

Could u please guide me how we can compare 2 columns here? Just need comparison for 2 columns

——————————
    Prince Kumar
    Consultant- Cloud Data Engineer
    ——————————

2. RE: Check If Column value of one table matches with column value of another table then perform operation

Kaz Shakir
    Posted Aug 29, 2022 08:06 PM | view attached
    @Prince Kumar,

It would be easier to answer your question if you post a .pbix file with a sample of your data and your data model.

Based on what you described, I tried to create what I think your data and model look like.​ I think you have three tables like so:
    Division:

Target:

Results:

And the data model might look like this:

In that case, you could add two calculated columns to the Divisions table, that would have formulas like this:
    Does Division Have Target_50 =
    NOT(ISBLANK(RELATED(target[Target_50])))

Are results for division less than Target_50 =
    IF(
    divisions[Does Division Have Target_50],
    IF(RELATED(results[Value]) < RELATED(target[Target_50]), “True”, “False”),
    BLANK()
    )​

And then you can create a table visual to show the results:

Hope that helps. Please consider posting your ,pbix file, and we will be able to give you a more customized answer.

Kaz.

——————————
    Kaz Shakir
    Sr. Program Manager, Asset Planning
    TN
    ——————————

Attachment(s)

pbixprincekumar_example_1.pbix

replied 11 months, 1 week ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Check If Column value of one table matches with column value of another table then perform operation’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!