Barcode Scanner and retrieving text description

• Barcode Scanner and retrieving text description

Posted by John Heck on July 29, 2022 at 6:58 am
    • John Heck

July 29, 2022 at 6:58 AM

I am creating a barcode scanner app to scan items and write them to a Dataverse database.  I can scan the barcode and write the barcode value to the Dataverse database.  The barcode number goes in without any issue.  How do I get the text description associated for that barcode?  For example, I scan a box of Cheerios cereal and get the barcode  will be displayed, how do I get the text Cheerios, or any other text, to display for the scanned barcode?  Is this even possible?

Thanks the help.

——————————
      John Heck
      ——————————

• Koen Mathijs

August 1, 2022 at 4:09 AM

Hey John,

in my opinion this is only possible if you also have a product table where the associated barcode and product name can be retrieved through a lookup formula. I don’t think such a product table already exists

——————————
      Koen Mathijs
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steven Reid

August 1, 2022 at 4:49 PM

There are websites like Barcode Lookup | UPC, EAN & ISBN Search barcodelookup.com where you can look up the barcode UPN value.

You would need to use their API calls Barcode Lookup API | Search our UPC, EAN and ISBN Database

Thanks
      Steve.

——————————
      Steven Reid
      Head of IT
      Emerald VI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

John Heck replied 1 year, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Barcode Scanner and retrieving text description’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!