What is your Fabric favorite feature -or features-?

• What is your Fabric favorite feature -or features-?

Posted by Pablo Moreno on June 2, 2023 at 9:52 am

Microsoft Fabric, the new PaaS from Microsoft that offers a great number of possibilities for virtually any data professional, no matter its role; from data engineers to artificial intelligence developers; from data analysts to data managers. Everybody has a role to play and can play any role within Fabric.

As data scientist who uses Power BI, perhaps one of my favorite features that is going to be available at Fabric is ‘Sematic Link’ and the overhaul at Synapse ML, that allows direct access and edit data sources into any machine learning model developed with Python and immediate publish to Power BI for result visualization. No need to write to external sources, no more infrastructure head-aches etc… Also, accessing Power BI datasets -and its measures!- from Python is a game changer.

Which feature / s is / are your favorite / s?

Pablo Moreno replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Aaron Back

June 2, 2023 at 10:01 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Thank you @Pablo for starting this discussion! My favorite feature/functionality is the “baked in” governance and compliance: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/governance/governance-compliance-overview

• Pablo Moreno

Organizer
      June 3, 2023 at 4:33 am
      Up
      Down

Of course! and I think this is one nicest integration. I am expecting more with Azure Sentinel also. Governance is becoming a lot more critical as data and self-service mindset grow among organizations.

Thanks for sharing Aaron

• Victoria Temitope

June 2, 2023 at 7:27 pm
    Up
    Down

I think I really like the incorporation with several services such as Power BI. I’m looking forward to the Co-Pilot with Fabric to be released. Introducing Microsoft Fabric: The data platform for the era of AI | Azure Blog | Microsoft Azure

• Pablo Moreno

Organizer
      June 3, 2023 at 4:32 am
      Up
      Down

Ohh… this one is very nice! I do come from the Power BI world and I very much look forward to it!

Thank you Victoria!

• Tony Hoechbauer

June 5, 2023 at 6:53 pm
    Up
    Down

I’m excited about using Delta Lake as a new basis for our Bronze tier data. This is going to be great for the 7 other people 😉 like me using D365F&O’s datalake export. Now I just need to figure out how I get a similar delta file output from our other ERPS!

• Pablo Moreno

Organizer
      June 6, 2023 at 5:06 am
      Up
      Down

nice! Thanks for your contribution.

In any case, it is possible to build any data pipeline sourcing data even from third party tools and loading it into OneLake. Great business case, combining multiple ERP data sources.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!