Void Payables and Apply Records

• Void Payables and Apply Records

Posted by DSC Communities on March 31, 2017 at 8:31 am
    • Michael Herring

March 31, 2017 at 8:31 AM

With one of the latest upgrades to Dynamics GP the Void Payables process was changed such that when it puts the original invoice back into an Open status, it also removes any other original applied records to that invoice, such as Credit Memos. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? We would like to keep all of our original applied records still applied even though a final payment is voided. For example, we have a $1,000 vendor invoice. We apply a $100 credit memo so there is a $900 dollar remaining balance. We make a payment for $900 to pay the invoice. Then we void the payment. When the invoice opens up it is set up as a $1,000 remaining balance and the credit memo is not applied to it. We would like the invoice to be open with a $900 remaining balance and the credit memo still applied to it. Are there any options to achieve this?

——————————
      Michael Herring
      Software Development Supervisor
      Total Quality Logistics, LLC
      Cincinnati OH
      ——————————

• Susan Larson

April 3, 2017 at 9:17 AM

My question is why do you void the payment?  That is why it reverts the balance back to $1000.00.

——————————
      Susan Larson
      Neuropsychiatric Research Institute
      Fargo ND
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Pamela Small

April 3, 2017 at 10:23 AM

When you void the check, is it putting the credit memo back into open also or is it staying in history?

If the credit is going back into open, you can do a manual application to the invoice you need the charges to come off of.

If the credit isn’t going back into open, you can void a credit in void historical transactions, rekey it, and then do the manual application.

——————————
      Pamela Small
      Accounts Payable Manager
      NHS Management, LLC
      Tuscaloosa AL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Leslie Vail

April 5, 2017 at 1:49 AM

Back in 2014 I put a suggestion in Microsoft Connect so that this wouldn’t automatically happen. Please go vote for it.
      Kind regards,
      Leslie

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/Feedback/Details/921385

——————————
      Leslie Vail
      Accounting Systems Consulting, Inc.
      Dallas TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Michael Herring

April 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Leslie, I am not sure how many votes it takes before a request is taken seriously but I voted, and you are now up to 20 votes. I agree with you that there should have been some other option for handling the original issue, and that unapplying everything automatically does not facilitate what we want as an end result. In many instances when we void a payment we simply need to re-pay the original invoice but if there were other applies to the invoice we now need to hunt them down and manually apply them before we move forward. If the process did not unapply previous documents we could simply repay the remaining balance on the invoice or let it get picked up in the next payment batch.

Thanks!

——————————
      Michael Herring
      Software Development Supervisor
      Total Quality Logistics, LLC
      Cincinnati OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Windi Epperson

April 3, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Michael,
      Microsoft added a new feature in either 2016 or 2016 R2 which enhanced the void functionality for AP invoices paid by credit card.  I’m wondering if this feature affected the normal credit memo apply/void process.  I tested and got the same result as you and I’m wondering if it’s a bug.  I would have your partner reach out to Microsoft to see if that bug has been reported yet.
      Thanks
      Windi

——————————
      Windi Epperson
      President/GP Senior Consultant
      Advanced Integrators, Inc.
      Norman OK
      405-946-1774 Ext 102
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 6 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!