Tax type

  • Tax type

    Posted by Ben Micek on December 19, 2016 at 2:54 pm
    • Ben Micek


      December 19, 2016 at 2:54 PM

      I am reviewing our vendors for 1099’s. what would I use for the vendor for tax type for a 501 ( C) 3?

      Ben Micek
      Accounts Payable
      Outlook-Nebraska, Inc.
      Omaha NE

    • Leslie Vail


      December 20, 2016 at 7:20 AM


      A 501(c)(3) organization is a tax exempt entity and they would be considered a non-1099 vendor. This works if you are actually paying the organization. If I work for a 501(C)(3), and you write the check to me, then I am a 1099 vendor. It’s only when you write the checks directly to the organization when they not be reported on a Form 1099 MISC.

      Kind regards,


      Leslie Vail
      Accounting Systems Consulting, Inc.
      Dallas TX

    Ben Micek replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Tax type’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!