SQL Recipe book for common Audit Questions

• SQL Recipe book for common Audit Questions

Posted by zgidwani@dynamicbudgets.com on November 20, 2019 at 1:18 am
    • Zubin Gidwani

November 20, 2019 at 1:18 AM

Any interest in putting together a collection of SQL queries of the most common things auditors ask for?
      I’m sure we’ve all had to put out a few fires and jump through hoops to do data pulls to satisfy the auditors. What if we had a quick encyclopedia of those most common queries to start from.  

• report all batches/transactions posted by the sa user
      • report all adjustment transactions posted x days after month-end
      • any non-1099 amounts coded to 1099 vendors 
      • segregation of duties and user security setup reports – (frankly, I would just turn to Fastpath and bypass these ones altogether).
      • etc.

You don’t have to know the SQL, there’s enough collective brainpower to figure that out, feel free to just share a list of audit questions.

If you like this concept but are not comfortable posting the audit questions publicly, feel free to message me directly and I can post them anonymously to a master list of questions.

I’d like to publish this in an Azure Data Studio – SQL Notebook (my favorite find from Summit 2019)

Zubin

——————————
      Zubin Gidwani
      Dynamic Budgets
      San Francisco-Bay Area CA
      ——————————

• Abra Gilman

November 21, 2019 at 3:00 AM

Hey Zubin,

I shared your Summit 2019 find of Azure’s SQL Notebook with the GPUG Irvine California chapter today!

That might be a very good sample to show, as we were coming up with uses for it today!

I’ll send some ideas your way!

Have a great day!
      Abra Lynne Gilman
      Dynamics GP Practice Lead
      Collins Computing, Inc.

——Original Message——

Any interest in putting together a collection of SQL queries of the most common things auditors ask for?
      I’m sure we’ve all had to put out a few fires and jump through hoops to do data pulls to satisfy the auditors. What if we had a quick encyclopedia of those most common queries to start from.  

• segregation of duties and user security setup reports – (frankly, I would just turn to Fastpath and bypass these ones altogether).
      • etc.

You don’t have to know the SQL, there’s enough collective brainpower to figure that out, feel free to just share a list of audit questions.

If you like this concept but are not comfortable posting the audit questions publicly, feel free to message me directly and I can post them anonymously to a master list of questions.

I’d like to publish this in an Azure Data Studio – SQL Notebook (my favorite find from Summit 2019)

Zubin

——————————
      Zubin Gidwani
      Dynamic Budgets
      ——————————

• Abra Gilman

November 21, 2019 at 3:10 AM

The favorite use of SQL Notebooks that stuck out with other customers today was the refreshing of a test database.

We had a question about creating a view to easily showing which AP invoice a fixed asset came from.

We always have inventory questions, but until someone implements the HITB process, these are more difficult to solve.

We also had some questions about who entered or last edited a transaction vs posted it, but I agree that Fastpath modules would be the best bet with those type of issues.

Have a great day!
      Abra Lynne Gilman
      Dynamics GP Practice Lead
      Collins Computing, Inc.

——Original Message——

• etc.

Zubin

——————————
      Zubin Gidwani
      Dynamic Budgets
      ——————————

• Heidi Farnham

November 21, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Zubin,

Abra stated that she has shared your SQL notebook.

Where might one find it?

Heidi

——————————
      Heidi Farnham
      Dungarvin
      Mendota Heights MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

zgidwani@dynamicbudgets.com replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘SQL Recipe book for common Audit Questions’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!