SOP line item level update

• SOP line item level update

Posted by DSC Communities on December 13, 2016 at 8:50 pm
    • Darek Kawa

December 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Hello,

I had integrated (Integration Manager) a large amount of SOP’s ( non inventory items ). SOP posting is setup to post accounts from the customer. Before the integration, only AR and Sales accounts were inputted. COGS and Inventory were left blank. After the integration the batch edit list shows an error “Distribution account(s) are missing or invalid.”

To fix this problem and to be able to post this batch I need to update accounts for COGS and Inventory. The problem I have is: how to make this  update for a few hundred SOP without typing account numbers in a each single one?

Thanks for your help.

Darek

——————————
      Darek Kawa
      Cypher Systems Group Inc.
      Windsor ON
      ——————————

• Jen Kuntz

December 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Hi Darek,

Here are a few options, each with their own pros and cons!

1. If nothing has been shipped/printed yet or done with the SOP documents (assuming invoices since you’re talking about posting), perhaps delete the batch and reimport after setting up the proper default GL accounts. You may be able to reset the next SOP number back so you don’t have gaps in your sequence numbers, if you want to literally reproduce the same doc numbers a second time.

2. You could run a SQL script to update those lines on the SOP Line Item table. The complexity depends on whether COGS and INV accounts are the same for every trx or different, plus whether someone has access to do this.

3. Again depending on the complexity of the accounts, you could record a macro in GP of changing a couple of documents, through all the steps, clicking on “next record” and “save” etc., and then edit the macro file to add more iterations and run a macro to run through them. Similar to #2, this isn’t super effective if the COGS and INV accounts vary between documents.

Those are the 3 I can offer off the top of my head for you.

Hope that helps,

Jen

——————————
      Jen Kuntz, CPA, CGA
      Microsoft MVP, Business Solutions
      Kuntz Consulting Inc.
      Cambridge, ON, Canada
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘SOP line item level update’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!