Sales Order Process Automation – Microsoft Dynamics

• Sales Order Process Automation – Microsoft Dynamics

Posted by Jill Valerio on February 20, 2024 at 2:17 pm

Sales Order Process – Microsoft Dynamics GP 2021 (18.4 1384)

How have you automated your sales order processing to eliminate the data entry? Our orders typically have many lines 50 lines to 150 lines sometimes 300 lines. What have you done to streamline the process and automate SOP within GP? We have explored EDI for non EDI orders but it is very pricey. Looking for a solution that will not break the Bank and reduce hand entry touch.

Jo deRuiter replied 2 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Sunjay Agtey

February 20, 2024 at 2:26 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Jill – we may be able to help automate this process. Would love to learn more about your requirements. Feel free to email me at sagtey@nimbello.com or call 617-817-1514 and I can share more.

• Devon Southall

February 21, 2024 at 10:38 am
    Up
    Down

I am assuming you have the orders in a text or excel type file? have you look into using SmartConnect to import?

It can even add lines to an existing order so that you need only import the items and not the header type stuff…

• Jill Valerio

February 22, 2024 at 3:30 pm
      Up
      Down

Hi, yes correct it would be an excel file. We have looked at Smart Connect but we were “told” we had to import all the data header and body. We originally said we would start the order (all the header information) and import the lines (the items # and quantities) and was under the impression this was not possible. It sounds like we can?

We are looking for simplicity and what was presented to us was much more cumbersome than we wanted for trying to simplify.

If we start the header of the order- we potentially can add lines with smart connect? When we enter an item # the price pulls from the customer paster price level assigned to the Customer so really all we need to enter in an order is the Item # and quantity. Sometimes we have orders with 100 to 300 lines.

• Jo deRuiter

February 23, 2024 at 9:15 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Jill:

You can use SmartConnect to update the document that exists with it’s line items, not sure who said you can’t.

You will need the Document Type, SOP Number, Customer Number along with the item information in the upload file.

This is fairly easy to build and if I can help in anyway let me know.

• Jill Valerio

February 26, 2024 at 4:54 pm
      Up
      Down

Hi Jo,

Your response is very helpful information. If you happen to have some free time, I would love to jump onto a call with you to ask a couple questions as I explore this option.

Do you have TEAMS?

• Chris Donnelly

February 26, 2024 at 11:59 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Jill,

Adding on to Jo’s post… there isn’t much you cannot do with SmartConnect! If your technical team needs help, check with your partner. If your partner needs help, check with eOne Solutions.

At one point, you could launch the import from within Excel (don’t need to be logged into GP or SmartConnect). Very cool. Not sure if this is still in the product.

Good luck!

Chris

• Jill Valerio

February 26, 2024 at 4:55 pm
      Up
      Down

Thank you for your input. This is helpful information.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!