Reverse MO Receipt – Not Posting

• Reverse MO Receipt – Not Posting

Posted by Teresa Waters on March 19, 2021 at 3:34 pm
    • Teresa Waters

March 19, 2021 at 3:34 PM

When my users do MO receipts for more product than they actually made, I do a Reverse MO receipt.  However they do not post.  When I pull up the transactions to see why they failed they are missing a reason code and have double the lot code quantities selected. 

Does anyone know why this is happening and is there a spot to put in the reason code?
      Thanks,

——————————
      Teresa Waters
      Controller
      La Crosse Milling Company
      Cochrane WI
      ——————————

• Teresa Waters

March 9, 2022 at 10:07 AM

I have not found a solution to this.  Does anyone have any ideas?

——————————
      Teresa Waters
      Controller
      Cochrane WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Aleiha Hanson

April 7, 2022 at 12:50 PM

is it looking for a reason code due to the inventory adjustment? I don’t believe there is a reason code option within manufacturing.?

——————————
      Aleiha Hanson, IT Manager
      Heartland Business Systems
      Richard Whaley & All*Star Award Recipient
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Kirsch

April 8, 2022 at 9:39 AM

Hi Teresa.  Are you possibly using the WilloWare add-on for this?  If so, I’d suggest to reach out to them as they have always been super helpful to me when I’ve had questions or issues.

——————————
      John Kirsch
      GP Product Lead
      Dynamic Consulting
      Green Bay WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Teresa Waters

April 8, 2022 at 9:45 AM

Hi John,

No, I’m just going into GP – Transactions – Manufacturing – Manufacturing Orders – MO Receipt Entry – Reverse an MO receipt.

That window is fine, it is when it is posting to the inventory module that it requires a reason code and also has the lots doubled. 

Thanks,

Teresa

——————————————-

• Aleiha Hanson

April 11, 2022 at 10:19 AM

setting up reason codes in GP is super easy, go to Inventory – Setup – Reason Code Setup. I would add a few such as “overbuilt inventory”, “MO error”, etc. and utilize them for these types of transactions. It’s good to have an extra audit trail. A reason code should not be required by default though.?

——————————
      Aleiha Hanson, ERP Consultant II
      Heartland Business Systems
      Richard Whaley & All*Star Award Recipient
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Teresa Waters

April 12, 2022 at 8:53 AM

Good Morning!
      I have reason codes set up.  It is just when I do the Reverse MO Receipt there is not a place to put reason code.  But when it passes the transaction to inventory to remove the finished product from inventory, it needs a reason code and I also have to clean up the lot codes on the transactions.

——————————
      Teresa Waters
      Controller
      Cochrane WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Diane Hays, CPA, MBA

April 13, 2022 at 3:09 PM

Hi Teresa!

Nice to hear from you! 🙂

I don’t think there is an out of the box solutions for this. Do you by chance own GP Power Tools Developer Tool? I have been able to write some simple customizations with that tool. I would trigger off the database add, see if the reason code is blank and if it is blank and it originated in MFG, we could auto assign a reason code. As to the doubling up of the lot number…I am not sure. Have you tried running debug to see what is happening. If you can turn the script debugger on and run it to a log file I would be happy to look at the log file to see if we can figure out why it doubling up. The other thing I would try as a test is to turn off all third party products that you have installed and then try and do a reverse issue just to see if it’s possibly a 3rd party product that is causing the issue.

Best wishes,

——————————
      Diane Hays, CPA, MBA
      Senior Consultant
      Alta Vista Technology LLC
      Chippewa Falls WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Teresa Waters replied 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Reverse MO Receipt – Not Posting’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!