Reverse existing JE

• Reverse existing JE

Posted by DSC Communities on April 14, 2017 at 3:39 pm
    • Patrick Duong

April 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Is there a quick way to create a reversing JE from an existing one in GP 2010?

Thanks.

——————————
      Patrick Duong
      Sr. Finance Manager
      EMPRES HEALTHCARE GROUP
      Vancouver WA
      ——————————

• Diana Doane

April 14, 2017 at 6:02 PM

It’s been awhile since I’ve had access to GP2010.  I think this feature is in this version…….One ‘quick’ way to do this would be to use the Correct feature on the original entry.  Select Back Out a Journal entry and Create a Correcting Entry.  This will create a JE to reverse your original entry you did not mark to be reversing.  It will also create a correcting entry to recreate this entry.  Be sure to mark this new one as reversing and input the correct dates for both new entry and reversing entry.  Of course the GL detail will show the extra lines from the original and backing out entry which is not optimal.  But it gets the reversal in quickly. 

——————————
      Diana Doane
      Ascend Learning, LLC
      Leawood KS
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joni Finnell

April 17, 2017 at 11:23 AM

Transactions –> Financial –> General
      Select “Correct”; Select “Back out a Journal Entry”; type in the JE that you want to reverse; once you select “OK” it will create a reverse of that JE; then you just need to change the reference (if needed); change the date and post.

So, you can use it to actually correct a JE or if you use a date in the following month it will serve as a reversing JE.

I have used this too many times when I first started using GP. 😎

——————————
      Joni Finnell
      Project Accountant/GP Troubleshooter
      Consumer Support Services, Inc.
      Newark OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Reverse existing JE’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!