Report Writer – Modify Statement to Include Invoice Details

• Report Writer – Modify Statement to Include Invoice Details

Posted by Jennifer Wheeler on February 25, 2020 at 2:22 pm
    • Jennifer Wheeler

February 25, 2020 at 2:22 PM

Has anyone modified the report writer statement to include the line item details for the invoices?  I was able to figure out how to add the tables I needed but can’t get the line items to show up.  So, just wondering if anyone else had done that before and has some advice on how to get it to work.
      All I am looking for is to get the item description to show up.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      ——————————

• Steve Erbach

February 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM

I wish you luck with this one. I’ve done some work with Report Writer, but nothing as in-the-weeds as adding child records to a master. Adding a single description field takes as much work to figure out as it would if you added all the main line item fields. It’s figuring out which headers and footers to add and where exactly to place the new field(s).

Regards,?

——————————
      “Sparkly” Steve Erbach – Green Bay, WI
      Co-Chair, GPUG WI (Green Bay) Chapter
      Blog: https://www.gpug.com/blogs/steve-erbach
      Twitter: twitter.com/serbach

—————
      Excel Webinar List as of 12-Nov-2019
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Blair Christensen

February 26, 2020 at 10:54 AM

I’ve played around with these, but its not fun.  I am curious are you using the out-of-box invoice or historical invoice?  Those have the line-item detail already on them.  If you are using a modified version, it may be easier to start with one of the originals and rework the appearance of the invoice than trying to add data; as Steve mentions it isn’t a straightforward process.

If you’d like, you can contact me directly and I’ll see if I can help.

——————————
      Blair Christensen
      Database Administrator
      Oppenheimer Companies, Inc.
      Boise Idaho GPUG Chapter Leader
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

February 26, 2020 at 11:07 AM

Thanks for the reply.  I wish I was using the invoice since it would be easy then.  Unfortunately the users want the Statement to show the line item detail for each invoice on the Statement.  Ugh.

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Stefanie Christiana

February 26, 2020 at 2:00 PM

You probably already asked them but can they just provide copies of invoices with the statement?  Or, maybe just for the customers who ask?  I haven’t used the email workflow much but maybe you can arrange it to automatically include invoices.

——————————
      Stefanie Christiana
      Glidewell Laboratories
      Irvine CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

February 26, 2020 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for the ideas.  Unfortunately they already are providing copies of the invoices when the orders are placed but also want the line item descriptions from the invoices show when sending out the monthly Statement.  In my searching I did find info from ‘s website on ?using VBA with report writer.  I have some experience with VBA so I’m trying that.

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• David Musgrave

February 26, 2020 at 11:36 PM

If you want to pull data that has a one to one (1:1) relationship onto a report, using GP Power Tools to create a custom RW function can be faster and simpler than using VBA.

?See the Samples page for example: https://winthropdc.wordpress.com/gp-power-tools-portal/gp-power-tools-samples

The problem I see for this example is that each invoice could have many lines. How much information from the invoices did you want displayed? 

Would a single line description from the associated receivables transaction be enough information?

Regards

David

——————————
      David Musgrave MVP, GPUG All-Star

Managing Director
      Winthrop Development Consultants

Perth, Western Australia

http://www.winthropdc.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Cecile Dinh

February 27, 2020 at 12:14 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I’ve done it many years ago – lucky I got a copy of the KB I used from Microsoft … I guess no longer showing up if you google. So here it is for you to try! 🙂

Please see attached file “Adding Item Number and Item Description to RM Satement.doc”

——————————
      Cecile Dinh
      GP Admin at ARC (Airlines Reporting Corp.)
      GPUG Chapter Leader – Washington, D. C.
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

February 27, 2020 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for everyone’s replies.  I was able to do what I wanted with the document that provided.  Thanks Cecile!??

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Cecile Dinh

February 27, 2020 at 2:24 PM

You’re welcome Jennifer! Glad it worked!

——————————
      Cecile Dinh
      GP Admin at ARC (Airlines Reporting Corp.)
      GPUG Chapter Leader – Washington, D. C.
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Jennifer Wheeler replied 4 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Report Writer – Modify Statement to Include Invoice Details’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!