Recurring Batches

• Recurring Batches

Posted by Penny Linn on June 21, 2019 at 2:02 pm
    • Penny Linn

June 21, 2019 at 2:02 PM

Hello Fellow GPUGs

I’m pretty much a self taught user of GP, and these discussions have been extremely helpful to me.  I am now currently using recurring batches which I knew about but never used.  But someone had previously posted about them and from that I was able to setup my own.  My question is if you have a recurring batch how will that effect your year end close?  I know one of the steps for the close process is to post all batches but what about our recurring batches?   

I know this is probably a simple answer but as i said self-taught. 

Thank you

——————————
      Penny Linn
      Director of Finance
      Meridian Behavioral Health
      New Brighton MN
      ——————————

• Maureen Martin

June 21, 2019 at 4:46 PM

#recurring batch

@Penny Linn
      Hi Penny,
      Congratulations on making good use of the GPUG site to learn and use new tools!

We’ve been using Recurring Entries for many years, and your question about “posting all batches” at year end is a good one.

We have a June 30 year end.  We will post a recurring monthly batch on 5/31/19 and 6/30/19 and the fact that there is a recurring batch sitting in the Financial module will not prevent us from closing the books on 6/30/19. 

And the Recurring batch will still be there in the next fiscal year, available for us to post on 7/31/19 and 8/31/19.

You will be prompted by GP when closing year end, something like “Are you sure that all batches are posted?”  This is a reminder to you to think about it, and the time for you to make sure that you’ve posted all 6/30/19 entries, but you do not have to “clear” the list of batches.  You can keep the Recurring Batches intact for the new fiscal year.

Again, glad you’re learning new things and USING THEM!!
      Maureen

??

——————————
      Maureen Martin
      Finance Manager
      Home Repair Services
      Grand Rapids MI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Penny Linn

June 24, 2019 at 6:25 AM

Thank you!   That was exactly the information I needed.  I thought you could leave the batches as long as they are posted for the month/year.  But I just wanted clarification and as always this group comes though. 

And to all others that post questions on the forum, you have taught me so much!  So Thank you to as well!

——————————
      Penny Linn
      Director of Finance
      Meridian Behavioral Health
      New Brighton MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ryan Galang

June 21, 2019 at 5:09 PM

Hi Penny,

I’m thinking that you’re just referring to GL – but as a reminder, Recurring batches can be found in sub modules too. In case you’re using recurring batches in there – make sure they’re posted in GL as well.

I’m also assuming you’re referring to the GL year end close… looking at the KB, the ‘closest’ item to recurring batches is this:

FYI: GL-YEC link:
      KB – Year-end closing procedures for General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics GP
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/888003/year-end-closing-procedures-for-general-ledger-in-microsoft-dynamics-g

——————————
      Ryan Galang
      BTP Technologies LLC
      Chantilly VA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Penny Linn replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Recurring Batches’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!