Purchase Return

• Purchase Return

Posted by Teresa Waters on August 12, 2020 at 5:38 pm
    • Teresa Waters

August 12, 2020 at 5:38 PM

I have a number of open receipts that need to be switched to different PO’s.  The receipts will not come up as an option to pick in the Purchase Return transaction entry window.  I have checked that there is enough inventory available, I have reconciled the items and the receipts still don’t some up.  The PO is not closed.

Why will the receipt not come up to be returned and backed out?
      Is there another way to do this?
      THANK YOU!

——————————
      Teresa Waters
      Controller
      La Crosse Milling Company
      Cochrane WI
      ——————————

• Mariano Gomez Bent

August 12, 2020 at 5:51 PM

This only means the receipts are fully consumed based on your inventory valuation method – this happens often when receipts are of Shipment/Invoice type. The workarounds,  should you want to avoid the headaches, are as follows:

1. Print the Purchase Receipts report (Inventory > Reports > Activity > Purchase Receipts) and see if you can spot other receipts you can pull from.

or,

2. You can do the return manually by posting two separate transactions, the first one is adjustment entry to correct the inventory balance, and the other transaction is an AP credit memo to correct the vendor balance (if needed).

——————————
      Mariano Gomez Bent, MVP, Dynamics Credentialed Professional
      Director of Technology
      Mekorma
      ROSWELL GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kristy James

July 15, 2022 at 9:43 AM

Hello –

I came across this post as I’m having the same issue and have a follow up question.  If I select the Returns Transaction Entry type of “Return”? I don’t have any receipts available.  If I select “Return w/Credit” then I do have receipts (all the ones that I expected from the report you recommended).  Does this make sense?  We’re new to using the POP Returns in GP and it always seems like more of a hassle than it should be.  

Thanks!

——————————
      Kristy James
      Financial Controller
      Dairyland Electrical Industries, Inc
      Stoughton
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mariano Gomez Bent

July 15, 2022 at 9:51 AM

Kristy,
      That’s correct, that would be a Return w/Credit since you already posted the transaction as a Shipment/Invoice.

——————————
      Mariano Gomez Bent, MVP, Dynamics Credentialed Professional
      CTO
      Mekorma
      ROSWELL GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Teresa Waters replied 3 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Purchase Return’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!