Professional Advantage – Company Archive with National Accounts

• Professional Advantage – Company Archive with National Accounts

Posted by Darin Vialpando on February 15, 2018 at 3:45 pm
    • Darin Vialpando

February 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Does anyone use Professional Advantage Company Archive with National Accounts?  Have you been able to archive successfully?   

?

——————————
      Darin Vialpando
      Business Applications Manager
      Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
      Denver CO
      ——————————

• Windi Epperson

February 15, 2018 at 7:19 PM

Hey
      We use CDA frequently and there are some modules that you need CDA Plus to be able to archive.  I can’t remember off the top of my head if National Accts is one of those modules (I know AA and Project are) so I’ll ping ??? and let him chime in.
      Thanks
      Windi

——————————
      Windi Epperson
      President/GP Senior Consultant
      Advanced Integrators, Inc.
      Norman OK
      405-946-1774 Ext 102
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Tanya Henderson

February 15, 2018 at 7:42 PM

?We have used it in the past I don’t remember National Accounts being an issue.  Are you getting an error message.However, you  need to upgrade your Smart Connect.  Also, I am flying into Denver next Friday!

Tanya

——————————
      Tanya Henderson
      Senior Consultant
      S2 Technology
      Park City UT
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Darin Vialpando

February 16, 2018 at 1:51 AM

I already upgraded to  Smartconnect ?2016. Not all accounting users have access to it since its in my  GP2016 test environment. Once I finish configuration of GPWeb with doc-link and MEM and the “select” test users finish testing…..they will all have access to it. Until then…its Smartconnect 2013. …..Can’t wait to see you when your here in Denver!!!

——————————
      Darin Vialpando
      Business Applications Manager
      Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
      Denver CO
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Bruce Strom

February 16, 2018 at 9:17 AM

Yes, we have used archiver successfully, we have national accounts for A/R.
      The table enhancements for national accounts are just not that deep, nothing that would likely confuse a product like this.

——————————
      Bruce Strom
      Programmer Analyst
      Associated Grocers of Florida
      sunrise FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Griffin Swanson

February 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM

Hi Darin, thank you for your question! Company Data Archive is designed to archive National Accounts. Can I send you our latest CDA manual covering all tables our product will archive? 

One thing we will recommend right off the bat: during the archive process, choose the setting “All” from the CDA Registration Window, for the “Number of Customer/Vendors per SQL Transaction”. 

Windi, Tanya, and Bruce – thank you all very much for your comments as well! We greatly appreciate you helping out with Darin’s questions and advocating for Company Data Archive. 

——————————
      Griffin Swanson
      Channel Product Manager
      Professional Advantage
      Greenwood Village CO
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Sheila Reed

February 19, 2018 at 1:17 PM

Thanks to all of you for the responses and to Darin for placing the question during our GPUG meeting for me.

Professional Advantage is working with us on evaluating some A/R deficiencies in our post-archive reporting comparisons. National accounts was one avenue we were exploring but this doesn’t appear to be the issue.

I do have a new question I hope you can help with.
      What criteria for acceptance did your company use when comparing post to pre-archive reporting?  Did you accept a certain threshold of a delta or were you able to get them all to match essentially exactly?
      We are able to match most reports, but showing differences in the Customer Counts and amounts on the AR-Historical Aged Trial Balances for each year archived. 
      The delta is between .2% and 7.5%.   The “Current” amount differences range between 0% to 12.5%.  The “Grand Total” amounts seem to have less variance, but shouldn’t all the Grand Total buckets match? We realize we may have issues with our own GP A/R data as opposed to this being a CDA issue. 

Thanks for any insight!
      Sheila
      #GPUG  

?

——————————
      Sheila Hale
      Business Applications Support Analyst
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Bruce Strom

February 19, 2018 at 3:28 PM

?Sheila,
      The software only archives those receivable amounts that have been fully applied in Great Plains, a single unapplied payment or credit memo can prevent a payment and all invoices relating to that payment, as well as any payments that any credit memo applied to invoices in the original payment was applied to.  Which means you need to dig deeper than simply doing a simple delta analysis of HATB amounts.
      They do this to keep the apply to files accurate in the archived years.
      For this reason you need to run an unapplied amounts report (I forget its exact name) in receivables and resolve these before you do the archive process.
      Bruce

——————————
      Bruce Strom
      Programmer Analyst
      Associated Grocers of Florida
      sunrise FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Darin Vialpando replied 6 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Professional Advantage – Company Archive with National Accounts’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!