PO Receipt doubled up the quantity?

• PO Receipt doubled up the quantity?

Posted by DSC Communities on December 15, 2016 at 3:24 pm
    • Maria Frandzeskakis

December 15, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Hello Everybody,

We have an unusual scenario – – a PO receipt looks like it doubled the quantity, entering 24000 pcs in inventory instead of 12000.

The PO was for 12000.

Can anyone shed some light on how this may have happened? (We’ve been using GP for 10+ years and I don’t think I have run into this without an explanation).

I’ve included a capture of some history on receipts for this item/vendor combo. I see that it’s normal for the receipt to show as 2 lines (with the bulk of the qtys on the 1st line and 1 unit as a separate line) – – I can see this also in table IV10200 but I believe GP does this behind the scenes and it’s transparent to the user.

For the receipt in question – RCT-0097794, we see the expected 2 lines but they each have the total amount (12000 units) rather than 1 line showing 11999 and the second showing 1 unit.

Any ideas how this might have occurred? Has anyone seen this before? We are on GP2015 R2.

Thanks for your input.

Maria.

——————————
      Maria Frandzeskakis
      IT Manager
      MIP Inc.
      Anjou QC
      ——————————

• Kristen Hosman

December 16, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Hi Maria. 

If the receipt of the PO wasn’t entered at the higher amount then the first thing I would check is the UOM on the item. Also check the purchasing UOM on the item for the vendor you purchased from. Those would be where I would start. Let us know what you find out.

——————————
      Kristen Hosman
      Accounting Manager
      PlatinumCode
      Lakeville MN
      ————————————————————————-

• Maria Frandzeskakis

December 16, 2016 at 9:41 AM

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked and the UoM matches – on the item setup, the PO, and the Receipt(s).

——————————
      Maria Frandzeskakis
      IT Manager
      MIP Inc.
      Anjou QC
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘PO Receipt doubled up the quantity?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!