PO Printing Error

• PO Printing Error

Posted by DSC Communities on December 29, 2016 at 11:01 am
    • Robert Nash

December 29, 2016 at 11:01 AM

We are on GP 2015R2.  We have a user who is trying to print a PO from the Purchase Order Documents screen.  He is getting an error message saying “A save operation on table ‘POP_PO’ failed accessing SQL data.”  We do not have Field Security, he is in the same Security Role as other users who are able to print the same PO without issue.  I have confirmed with our DBA that there is nothing different between the two users on the SQL side.  Any insight as to what may be causing this, and how to fix it?

Thank you  

——————————
      Robert Nash
      PharMEDium Services, LLC
      Lake Forest IL
      ——————————

• Steve Burney

December 29, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Hello Robert,

Try this idea and see if it solves your issue. Try the Logical Files that include Reprint Journals and Transaction

Steve

Run the Check Links procedure

1. On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Maintenance, and then click Check Links.
      2. In the Series list, click Purchasing.
      3. In the Logical Tables list, click the table that appears in the error message that you received.
      4. Click Insert, and then click OK.
      5. If you are prompted to print the Error log, select a destination, and then click OK.

Note For more information about table names, use the Resource Descriptions window. To open the Resource Descriptions window, point to Resource Descriptions on the Tools menu, and then click Tables.

6. Perform the action that caused the error message that you received.

——————————
      Steve Burney
      Senior Financial Systems Administrator
      Correct Care Solutions
      Nashville, TN United States
      sburney@correctcaresolutions.com
      615-312-7272
      Twitter @SteveBurney
      ————————————————————————-

• Robert Nash

December 29, 2016 at 12:48 PM

This is where it gets troublesome.  An Admin level user said they were able to sign in on the same machine and successfully print the PO.  Can I run the steps on the user’s machine?

——————————
      Robert Nash
      PharMEDium Services, LLC
      Lake Forest IL

• Robert Nash

December 30, 2016 at 2:19 PM

I’ve confirmed this issue is tied to the User ID.  I was able to successfully print a PO.  When this user tries to print the same PO from my machine where I just did it, he gets the “save operation on table ‘POP_PO’ failed accessing SQL data.”  Even if I switched him back to the GP Security Role he had 2 months ago, he still gets this message.

Should I just create a new User ID for this person? 

——————————
      Robert Nash
      PharMEDium Services, LLC
      Lake Forest IL

• Beat Bucher

January 3, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Hi Robert,

Have you validated if that POP report is not a modified version (custom) in GP ? I suspect that your user does not properly have access to the alternate version of the report and/or that there are some VBA code attached to the custom report, trying to access tables that the user don’t have permissions for it…

——————————
      Beat Bucher
      Business Analyst, Dynamics GP MVP
      Ultra-Electronics Forensic Technology Inc.
      Montreal QC/Canada
      +1-514-489-4267
      @GP_Beat http://dyngpbeat.wordpress.com/
      Montreal QC GPUG Chapter Leader
      GP2013R2 / MR2012 CU14

• Ken Brauchle

January 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM

You might want to try running the grant.sql script located in you Dynamics folder

Microsoft Dynamics > GP2015 > SQL > Util

——————————
      Ken Brauchle
      The Phoenix Group
      O’Fallon MO

• Bill Schulz

January 5, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Robert

I would have the user log out of GP, and if you use Terminal Services, log out of the RDP as well. Then in SQL clear the temp tables using David Musgrave’s script:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/developingfordynamicsgp/2008/12/02/releasing-stuck-batches-and-transactions-without-exiting-all-users/

Then have the user log in and try again. Failing that, I would delete the user and recreate him. It may be easier than trying to resolve this. I am a big fan of easy!

——————————
      Bill Schulz
      Turnkey Technologies, Inc.
      St. Louis MO

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘PO Printing Error’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!