Outsourcing

• Outsourcing

Posted by DSC Communities on March 27, 2017 at 10:09 am
    • Jeff Ogle

March 27, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

We are having difficulty in getting the outsourcing costs to be applied to the closing of the MO. When we receive the outsourced PO, the PO amount is posted to our WIP account as well as the AP General account. But when we close the MO, $0.00 are posted .  Any ideas on why the outsourced amount is not being applied to the MO ?

——————————
      Jeff Ogle
      Sr. Software Application Analyst
      Provision Health Alliance
      Knoxville TN
      ——————————

• Richard Ward

March 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Jeff,

It sounds to me like it’s working correctly…I’m not sure what you are hoping to see.  Here’s how it works in my experience:

1.  You create the BOM with the Outsourced costs included…let’s assume $10/unit
      2.  When you roll up your standard cost, that cost is included in the total standard.
      3. You create an MO, and issue the outsource PO,
      4.  You receive the services on the outsource PO into WIP…so now that portion ($10) of the standard is included in your WIP
      5.  When you receive the goods into stock, the rolled up standard, including the $10 cost, is removed from WIP

——————————
      Richard Ward
      Vice President – Controller IPD
      Storm Industries, Inc.
      Torrance CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Outsourcing’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!