Orders not closing after they have been invoiced

• Orders not closing after they have been invoiced

Posted by DSC Communities on December 2, 2016 at 8:22 am
    • Chase Landorf

December 2, 2016 at 8:22 AM

Has anyone experienced an open sales order, that has been invoiced, still show up in the open orders? Is there a way to close them out?

——————————
      Chase Landorf
      Inventory Control & Accounting
      Ideal Deals, LLC dba Ideal Aluminum Products
      Saint Augustine FL
      ——————————

• Katie Pieczynski

December 2, 2016 at 11:01 AM

We have had this happen to us before.  It seems to be random and I have not been able to figure out what causes it.  We just void the order when it happens.   I tested it to make sure it does not affect inventory/gl/etc.  It seems to work but I would love if someone could explain why it does happen.

——————————
      Katie Pieczynski
      Accounts Receivable Manager
      DANSR
      Champaign IL
      ————————————————————————-

• Chase Landorf

December 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM

After review the orders, I was able to determine that each order had a line item that was not invoiced. Once I took that line item and transferred it over to the invoice, the order was able to close out and go into history.

Hope that helps you down the road.

——————————
      Chase Landorf
      Inventory Control & Accounting
      Ideal Deals, LLC dba Ideal Aluminum Products
      Saint Augustine FL

• Crystal Karlson

December 5, 2016 at 9:20 AM

If the order is really “stuck” then a reconcile will fix it. If not, there is something on the order that needs addressing. As you mentioned, an item needed to be invoiced, or for us mostly, we need to backorder an item. 

Dynamics, Tools, Utilities, Sales, Reconcile-Remove Sales Documents. This is a great clean up that I run periodically as sometimes things just don’t move themselves as they should.

——————————
      Crystal Karlson
      Operations Manager
      Kawasumi Laboratories America, Inc.
      TAMPA FL

• Mike Vail

December 6, 2016 at 6:48 AM

Hi – Just had this issue as well.  It generally means that a remaining qty exists on at least one line.  Run a Sales Line Items SmartList to add the column Qty Remaining. Our issue was that it was fully invoiced but had a qty remaining on the order so we cancelled the remaining qty on the order then ran Reconcile – Remove Sales Documents to remove the order to history.  Worked great but we do not do any orders reporting that would falsely show a cancelled qty.

——————————
      Mike Vail
      Pease Development Authority
      Dover NH

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Orders not closing after they have been invoiced’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!