Negative Unit Cost – Purchase Requisition

• Negative Unit Cost – Purchase Requisition

Posted by Fenel Aldajuste on July 31, 2020 at 12:13 pm
    • Fenel Aldajuste

July 31, 2020 at 12:13 PM

Hello everyone:

When creating a Purchase Requisition, is there a way to add a line item with a negative unit cost ? The purpose is to itemize a discount and have it reflect on the PO when receiving. We’re using GP2018. 

Thanks! 
      Fenel A.

——————————
      Fenel Aldajuste
      City of Plantation
      Plantation FL
      ——————————

• Mariano Gomez Bent

July 31, 2020 at 2:59 PM

GP does not support negative unit costs on requisitions or POs for that matter. There two options the way I see it:

Option 1 – Customize it!

1. You can track the discount using an Extender window field, if you have Extender (from eOne, the developers of SmartList Builder) then get that popped into the PO manually, but at least it will be there for reference for the buyers to deal with.

2. You can create a VBA customization, by creating a VBA form to capture the Requisition Number and the Discount Amount and store it in the DUOS. You can then use additional code on the POP Entry window to recall on the PO. Just keep in mind that VBA customizations are not compatible with Web Client.

3. Create a Dexterity customization, which will work in similar ways to the VBA customization. Dexterity is the tool used to write Microsoft Dynamics GP.

4. My friend won’t let me live if I don’t tell you about his GP Power Tools product?. In Power Tools you could add a simple dialog that captures the discount, then recall it via a trigger on the PO form as well – very similar to Dex and VBA.

Option 2 – Go the accounting route

1. Create a credit memo for the discount (Purchasing > Transactions > Transaction Entry). Note which Requisition / PO it belongs to in the description. That way the accounting folks will now what to apply it to.

2. Do your normal PO/Receiving/Invoicing process and post. When the invoice is posted. Accounting will then apply the credit memo accordingly per the instructions in the description.

——————————
      Mariano Gomez Bent, MVP, Dynamics Credentialed Professional
      Director of Technology
      Mekorma
      ROSWELL GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Fenel Aldajuste

August 3, 2020 at 8:51 AM

Thanks for the detailed answer, Mariano. I appreciate it. I have Dex and VBA experience. I’ll talk to the end-user and then decide the best approach if it’s critical. 

Thanks again!! 

——————————
      Fenel Aldajuste
      City of Plantation
      Plantation FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Fenel Aldajuste replied 3 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Negative Unit Cost – Purchase Requisition’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!