Move Deposit on Sales Order outside current Period

• Move Deposit on Sales Order outside current Period

Posted by Daryle Ridley on February 25, 2021 at 4:38 pm
    • Daryle Ridley

February 25, 2021 at 4:38 PM

We take deposits on Sales Orders and apply them in the SOP window to show the customer the deposit and balance on the order.   We have a customer that paid us a 50% down on three orders they placed in December of last year.   They are now wanting to change the order and the way the deposits are applied.   Is there a workaround to allow me to take the deposits off two of the orders and add it back to a single order?   We do Batch posting to GL, so I did not know if I could open the period, remove the two deposits, then add them back to the 1st Order and then go into the batches and delete G/L entry and also not mess up the Bank Reconciliation somehow?   

I have seen on the way that we can zero out the order if its canceled and let the payment move to AR, but we don’t need both orders canceled.   They are just being delayed.  The 1st order is getting completed and they will have to pay it in full before shipment.

Thanks for your help
      Daryle

——————————
      Daryle Ridley
      Director of IT
      Formetco
      Duluth GA
      ——————————

• Matthew Arp

February 26, 2021 at 8:54 AM

, do you have a TEST company in your GP environment? Removing a deposit does not allow you to move it to another order, it simply backs out the GL.You’d probably want to remove the deposit, and enter the new deposit on the correct order with the date of the original deposit. But I’d recommend testing this in your TEST company.

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Business Systems Developer
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Daryle Ridley

February 26, 2021 at 9:09 AM

Yeah, we have a Test company and I did copy the Live over to Test to play with different scenarios.  I was just hoping someone would have a process to follow when testing.   I think I can do it, I am just worried about what it does to the G/L and Checkbook side.  I am not sure I would really know the consequences of my actions unless I had accounting balance the TEST company G/L and checkbook.

——————————
      Daryle Ridley
      Director of IT
      Formetco
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matthew Arp

February 26, 2021 at 9:12 AM

So you should be able to take your posting journals and review them to see the impact. As far as the Checkbook, my thoughts are that as long as the void and re-entry are in the same period it shouldn’t be an issue with reconciling.

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Daryle Ridley

February 26, 2021 at 12:37 PM

I tested this in the TEST company and it seems to work as expected, so I did it in the Live company.  I opened the prior fiscal period, changed my user date to a day in December.  Then I removed the payments on two orders and then added them back to the third order.   Then posted all three batches and verified the balances on the G/L number did not change.   Then I went in and selected the three items in the Bank Deposit and posted them (net zero).  Now I just told our Accounting folks to they could reconcile the zero deposit on the bank.   

Now I will wait and see if any issues come up at month end or some auditor looking and wondering why the zero deposit from December showed up in February.   Thanks
      Daryle

——————————
      Daryle Ridley
      Director of IT
      Formetco
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matthew Arp

February 26, 2021 at 1:22 PM

Glad to hear it worked, always good idea to add some notes to the Journal entry as to what happened and why. 

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Daryle Ridley replied 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Move Deposit on Sales Order outside current Period’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!