Mass Void Posted Receivables Transactions

• Mass Void Posted Receivables Transactions

Posted by Jennifer Wheeler on February 5, 2020 at 1:44 pm
    • Jennifer Wheeler

February 5, 2020 at 1:44 PM

Is there a way to mass void posted receivables transactions?  These are transactions that were entered using the Receivables Transaction Entry window and they are only in the RM tables in SQL.  Ended up being given some bad data and want to just void what is there but there is too much to do by voiding the documents using the Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Applications Solutions Administrator
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————

• Abra Gilman

February 6, 2020 at 2:45 AM

Could you consider running a macro (and perhaps using the replicator free tool) to do this?

We had something similar with a client wanting to unapply a group of documents across many customers.
      Go to http://rnoldz.com/ for the download of the replicator.
      To get the input, I would create a smartlist of the documents you want to void.
      Then create a macro of the steps needed to run thru one void. Be sure to enter values in the fields and don’t use a looking glass.
      Take your smartlist of documents to void and export it to excel, then make it a table (Select all & Cntrl T), and use it as the input variables in your macro.
      Then use the macro with the replicator to make the macro “replicated” for each of the documents you want to void.

If you need further info, I can share a PowerPoint I put together for a customer – and that I’m going to share at the GPUG Irvine Community Meeting next month.

Have a great day!

Abra Lynne Gilman
      Dynamics GP Practice Lead
      Collins Computing, Inc.

——Original Message——

Is there a way to mass void posted receivables transactions?  These are transactions that were entered using the Receivables Transaction Entry window and they are only in the RM tables in SQL.  Ended up being given some bad data and want to just void what is there but there is too much to do by voiding the documents using the Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————

• John Arnold

February 6, 2020 at 8:30 AM

I was going to recommend using Replicator, but  beat me to it.

And since you mentioned that “they are only in the RM tables in SQL”, you can use a query to drive the data that Replicator ?uses.  You’ll find my presentations from Summit at Rnoldz.com that talk about doing this.

Good Luck & please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

——————————
      John Arnold
      Senior Software Engineer
      US Digital
      Vancouver WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

February 6, 2020 at 3:45 PM

OMG!  This replicator is amazing!!  So easy to use if you review the PowerPoint.  Got everything to void so easily.  You saved me a ton of work.

Thanks for creating this.

Also thanks to replying.??

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Arnold

February 6, 2020 at 4:02 PM

That’s awesome to hear!  I am so happy it helped!

——————————
      John Arnold
      Senior Software Engineer
      US Digital
      Vancouver WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Jennifer Wheeler replied 4 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Mass Void Posted Receivables Transactions’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!