Manual payment entered as a check and not an EFT

• Manual payment entered as a check and not an EFT

Posted by Tamara Hendricks on February 17, 2021 at 4:30 pm
    • Tami Hendricks

February 17, 2021 at 4:30 PM

In January, I applied a manual payment to an invoice for a wire and didn’t change the payment method to EFT (it defaults to Check). I have already reconciled that month and cleared that transaction. Now AP doesn’t reconcile to the GL (it’s off by the amount of the payment). How  do we correct that? We need to close out January so need to get this corrected as soon as possible.

Can i void a transaction that has already been reconciled and then re-reconcile?
      If not, what transactions do I record to correct?

Thanks for your assistance,

——————————
      Tami Hendricks
      Willamette View, Inc
      Portland
      ——————————

• Ryan Galang

February 17, 2021 at 6:08 PM

Hi Tami,

A PM payment that has been reconciled in the Bank Rec module…
      … can still be voided from the Payables module…
      … but it will create a “negative” payment record at the Bank Rec side (Bank Rec records cannot be voided once reconciled)

Keep in mind that once the payment is be re-entered, the negative payment (above) and the positive payment (from the re-entry) will cancel each other out when both selected in the Select Bank Transactions window.

——————————
      Ryan Galang
      BTP Technologies LLC
      CHANTILLY VA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Tamara Hendricks replied 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Manual payment entered as a check and not an EFT’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!