Management Reporter Budgets for 2 Databases in Same Report

• Management Reporter Budgets for 2 Databases in Same Report

Posted by DSC Communities on December 2, 2016 at 12:30 pm
    • Kevin O’Bold

December 2, 2016 at 12:30 PM

I have two different databases with separate Chart of Accounts and separate Fiscal Calendars. I have budgets uploaded in Great Plains but don’t know how to fun a Report Definition where I can link multiple budgets between multiple databases/companies in the same report. I keep getting errors that either the fiscal date doesn’t work or the budget I link the column definition to doesn’t exist in that company.

Has anyone had success combining budgets across multiple companies like this in MR?

——————————
      Kevin O’Bold
      Contoller
      Ultra Steak
      Fishers IN
      ——————————

• Steve Erbach

December 2, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Hi, Kevin,

Well, “Ultra Steak” get’s my vote for the coolest company name I’ve heard in a month of Sundays!

I can only suggest reading the blog series “Creating Consolidated Financial Statements using Management Reporter” by April Olson of Microsoft for a start. I’ve linked to each of seven parts. The navigation within the MSDN blog site appears busted:

I personally have not had to do any cosoliidation reporting in MR since all of our corporate entities (dozens of them) are set up as, essentially, different departments under one company.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

——————————
      “Sparkly” Steve Erbach – Business Analyst & MS Dynamics Platform Administrator
      WOW Logistics – Appleton, WI
      +-VP for Communication, GPUG WI (Milwaukee) Chapter
      | Co-Chair, GPUG WI (Green Bay) Chapter
      | GP 2013 R2 (12.00.1801)…go-live on GP 2016: 19-Dec-2016!
      +-MR 2012 CU15 (found — and reported — my very own bug!)
      Blog: https://www.gpug.com/blogs/steve-erbach
      Twitter: @serbach
      ————————————————————————-

• Noah Moseley

December 2, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Hey Kevin.

You will need a reporting tree pulling from the two companies. In the column definition, you will have a separate column for the two companies if they have different budget book code names. Relate each column to the reporting tree and their part of the tree. Your row definition may have column J and column K if your chart of accounts are different. It does sound very tricky, but it is doable. Email me if you need help beyond this. I’ve been doing MR work since I was with Microsoft on the Management Reporter consulting team.

noah.moseley@msxgroup.com

——————————
      Noah Moseley, Senior Consultant at the MSX Group
      Noah.Moseley@MSXGroup.com
      Email me if you need training or consulting services for Management Reporter, Forecaster or FRx.

Also, see our new Prospero offering for GP – Your new replacement for Management Reporter and Forecaster – Financial Reporting and Budgeting, all in one application.
      http://www.msxgroup.com/ProsperoGP
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Management Reporter Budgets for 2 Databases in Same Report’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!