Inventory Extending Pricing

• Inventory Extending Pricing

Posted by sean-flaigle on January 23, 2017 at 10:19 am
    • Sean Flaigle

January 23, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Does anyone know how to setup an item in Inventory Extending Pricing that can be billed at three different rates?  For example.  If the quantity (in Sq Cm) is between 0 -1,299 it is billed at a flat dollar amount.  If the Sq Cm is between 1,300 – 1,500 it is billed at a calculated rate per sq cm (i.e., $1.00 per Sq Cm) and if the quantity is 1,501 or greater it is billed at yet a different calculated rate (i.e., $1.80 per Sq Cm).    Thanks, Sean

——————————
      Sean Flaigle
      Finance Director
      Midwest Transplant Network
      Westwood KS
      ——————————

• David Stonesifer

January 24, 2017 at 8:40 AM

Hello Sean,

You can setup quantity breaks in Extended Pricing.  I’ve attached a picture from our org showing an item setup this way.  I hope this helps.

AkzmwmNRDS6H9ghSxCRl_Capture.JPG

——————————
      David Stonesifer
      Sales Manager
      BIG Kaiser Precision Tooling, Inc.
      Hoffman Estates IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Rick Lewis

January 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Sean,

In your particular case, presuming your Base and Selling U of M are ‘sq cm’, GP pricing will fall short of meeting your requirement unless you wish to maintain unique price breaks at 1 sq cm to 1 sq cm, 2 sq cm to 2 sq cm, 3 sq cm to 3 sq cm, etc. up to 1299 sq cm, whereby the resulting calculation for each unique row equals your “flat dollar amount.” Thereafter, your subsequent ranges would be fine and require only two unique rows in the price sheet schedule. However, I can’t imagine anyone wanting to maintain 1301 unique price breaks for an item; although, I’ve seen close.

Essentially you have a mix of dynamic pricing and typical pricing here. We ran into a similar scenario not too long ago and made the decision to our allow our internal order entry/ecommerce solution manage this in a matrix style and simply pass the calculated line item price into the GP SOP line item.

I’ve not yet encountered any 3rd party products out there that will handle these scenarios. If I do, I will add amend this thread.

Regards,

——————————
      Rick Lewis
      Dynamics GP Administrator
      STAHLS’
      Sterling Heights MI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

sean-flaigle replied 7 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Inventory Extending Pricing’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!