Help with AP invoice entry of multiple distribution line items

• Help with AP invoice entry of multiple distribution line items

Posted by Michelle on August 3, 2022 at 1:37 pm
    • Michelle Ruth

August 3, 2022 at 1:37 PM

New to GP and wondering if ours is setup incorrectly. On the trans entry screen you only have option to do one purchase, discount, Freight, Misc, and Tax. What happens when you have more than one (multiple) purchase accounts? IE a credit card bill?

——————————
      Michelle Ruth
      Knaus Cheese, Inc
      Rosendale
      ——————————

• Matt Pilliod

August 4, 2022 at 8:09 AM

Hi Michelle, 
      If you are talking about the payables transaction entry screen, there is a distributions button in the bottom right. You should just be able to click the button and tab to the next empty account slot and type the account number you are looking to distribute to. I have not found a limit on the accounts you can add to distribute to.

——————————
      Matt Pilliod
      Steiner Tractor Parts
      Lennon MI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Michelle Ruth

August 4, 2022 at 9:43 AM

Thanks so much Matt, that totally worked! Now I just have to see if I can create a re-occurring batch for all my monthly auto withdrawn AP payments to make my life less complicated.

Sent from Mail for Windows

——————————————-

• Mike Bresnan

August 4, 2022 at 9:51 AM

You definitely can do recurring batches! just change the frequency drop down on the batch screen to whichever cadence you require.

be careful with them though, it’s easy to accidentally post them multiple times. Also, they are really built for things like rent payments that do not change month over month. My old company tried to use that function for a monthly bill that fluctuated in the amount and distribution and it was a nightmare to audit.

——————————
      Mike Bresnan
      Arabella Advisors
      Washington MD
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Michelle Ruth

August 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for the advice. I have not had good luck with recurring general journal entries from my predecessor, I had the same issue with them posting multiple times. I decided to try to start over in 2022 to see if I would have any different results.

——————————————-

• Kevin Pritchard

August 4, 2022 at 1:14 PM

Hi Michelle, 

Not quite recurring setup, but you can set up default GL codes on the vendor card, so when you create a transaction for a specific vendor it will auto fill out the GLs you have set up as the default, you’ll just need to allocate amounts for each GL.

——————————
      Kevin Pritchard
      Fidesic
      kevin.pritchard@fidesic.com8664395884
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Thomas Hill

August 5, 2022 at 9:23 AM

I use Monthly Recurring batches to process the monthly employee insurance benefits invoices.  Some are single distribution.  But two are 10+ lines of distribution.  And the amounts are mostly the same..  As cautioned, be sure to post only the ONCE in the time period selected.

——————————
      Thomas Hill
      Staff Accountant
      M&A Technology, Inc.
      Carrollton TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Michelle Ruth

August 4, 2022 at 9:54 AM

Thanks so much Matt, that totally worked! Now I just have to see if I can create a re-occurring batch for all my monthly auto withdrawn AP payments to make my life less complicated.

——————————————-

Michelle replied 1 year, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Help with AP invoice entry of multiple distribution line items’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!