GP Fixed Assets MACRS Depreciation

• GP Fixed Assets MACRS Depreciation

Posted by DSC Communities on March 10, 2017 at 1:58 pm
    • Jake Stromecki

March 10, 2017 at 1:58 PM

I have a client who is transferring fixed assets from an old system into GP, and I’m having trouble figuring out which depreciation methods to use for their tax book.

In their old system, they used the following methods:

MA200 – MACRS Formula + section 168
      MF200 – MACRS Formula
      MF150 – MACRS Formula
      MF100 – MACRS Formula

I believe I can simulate MF200 and MF150 in GP with 200% DB (or 150% DB) with Half Year averaging and Straight-Line switchover, but how do I simulate the MA200 and MF100 methods?

Also, since the assets are already partially depreciated, do I need to manually calculate if the switchover should have already happened and put it in as Straight Line or will GP do that for me?

Thanks!

——————————
      Jake Stromecki
      Software Solutions Group, Inc.
      Amherst NY
      ——————————

• Barb Schroth

March 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM

I can’t say that I have had anyone using those before but I would have to make the assumption that you would set the depreciation method to ACRS Personal and the percentages in the Dynamics..ACRSTBL table would take care of it.  I would probably try some of these assets in a test company and see what they calculate compared to their current system.
      Dynamics should figure out when to switch to straight line.  You shouldn’t have to figure that out ahead of time.
      Hope that helps!

——————————
      Barb Schroth
      Senior Associate
      RSM US LLP
      Minneapolis MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘GP Fixed Assets MACRS Depreciation’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!