GP 2018.2 – Bank Deposit Posting Journal in Payables

• GP 2018.2 – Bank Deposit Posting Journal in Payables

Posted by Cecile Dinh on October 21, 2020 at 4:47 pm
    • Cecile Dinh

October 21, 2020 at 4:47 PM

Hello –

We recently upgraded from GP2015 R2 to GP2018.2.  In the previous version we didn’t get this “Bank Deposit Posting Journal in Payables”. Nothing has changed in our Setup Posting >> Posting… but after the upgrade this report shows up.  Where can I turn it off?

This Bank Deposit posting journal comes right after Transaction Check Register report.

Here’s our setup in Posting.

Thanks,

——————————
      Cecile Dinh
      GP Admin at ARC (Airlines Reporting Corp.)
      GPUG Chapter Leader – Washington, D. C.
      ——————————

• Jeff Pfershy

October 22, 2020 at 11:27 AM

Hi ,

?We’re only on GP 2016 R2, but the only place I see a Bank Deposit Posting Journal in the Posting Setup window Bank Deposit Entry window (under the Financial series).

I could understand this report printing if you were processing Cash Receipts in AR or Deposits against an invoice in SOP AND had the ‘Automatically post cash receipt deposits’ option turned on in Setup > Company > Company > Options.

——————————
      Jeff Pfershy
      Sr Business Analyst
      BluJay Solutions Inc
      Holland MI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Cecile Dinh

October 22, 2020 at 1:51 PM

Hi Jeff,

Yes we had that auto post cash receipt deposit turned on before the upgrade and no issues.  It is just after the upgrade to GP2018.2 the Bank Deposit Posting Journal is showing up Payables.  Still need help to turn it off.

Thanks,

——————————
      Cecile Dinh
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Doug Karel

October 23, 2020 at 11:40 AM

It is under the Financial Series where you would turn this off.    I have only seen it print from payables if you enter in a ‘Return’ because you could possibly have a CheckCash refund that came in with the return.  If the Auto Deposit for Receivables is check, this will also treat that the same for cash received on a payables return.

Thanks
      Doug

——————————
      Doug Karel
      Business Systems Consultant – GP
      The TM Group, Inc.
      Farmington Hills MI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Cecile Dinh

October 23, 2020 at 12:14 PM

Hi Doug,

Surprisingly the Deposit Posting Journal appears in AP Invoice posting with no payment. 
      We still need this Deposit Journal in Bank Recon so I can’t turn it off under Financial.

I just escalated this case to Microsoft. 

Thanks,

——————————
      Cecile Dinh
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mike Bresnan

March 12, 2021 at 4:55 PM

We are on GP2018 (not 2) and are running into this issue as well. we recently turned on the option to post through bank deposits, and the bank deposit posting report is running for both AP and AR batches, regardless of if there was a deposit transaction generated. 

You can easily recreate this report in the bank module, so we are considering turning it off entirely across all modules. did you ever find a solution??

——————————
      Mike Bresnan
      Arabella Advisors
      Washington MD
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Cecile Dinh

March 12, 2021 at 5:24 PM

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately there’s no other solution if you keep the cash receipt auto-post enabled. 

This is what Microsoft said…

“I have replicated your issue in default code based on your additional information. As this does look to be expected performance of the module with the auto-post setting enabled there wouldn’t be a method to turn it off for printing unless you choose to omit the Checkbook report printing as well.

If this is causing considerable issue for the customer I would next recommend submitting a product suggestion to the Dynamics GP development team to either eliminate the reporting or display it in the posting window so it can be unselected accordingly:  
      https://experience.dynamics.com/ideas/

——————————
      Cecile Dinh
      Dynamics GP Admin at ARC (Airlines Reporting Corp.)
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Cecile Dinh replied 3 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘GP 2018.2 – Bank Deposit Posting Journal in Payables’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!