Exchange Rate used for June

• Exchange Rate used for June

Posted by Christine Polifka on July 2, 2024 at 3:57 pm

Hello everyone,

As I recall there was a discussion about posting a invoice that has multiple currency exchange rate for a prior date. We are currently on GP Version 18.5.

If I have an invoice that is in June that needs to be June 10th exchange rate, is there a way to use this rate

from the exchange rate table. If I create an exchange rate for June 10 and expire June 10 and change the GP date to June 10, it appears this does not do the trick the system.

We need to do a corrected invoice as the wrong exchange rate was used.

Any help is appreciated.

Windi Epperson replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Windi Epperson

July 8, 2024 at 11:24 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

@christine-polifkaus-bigdaishowa-com what rate is used should be based on the document date of the invoice, but also on the selection in the Exchange Rate Table Setup. There is a setting in that window that tells whether to use the Exact Date, Previous Date, or Next Date to determine the exchange rate. What is selected for the date to use will guide which rate is applied to the invoice.

Here is a link to related training from Microsoft:

Multicurrency Management – Dynamics GP | Microsoft Learn

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!