Enter Receipt Option in the Bank Transaction Entry

• Enter Receipt Option in the Bank Transaction Entry

Posted by Tammy Harper on February 23, 2024 at 4:43 pm

We have someone who when in the Bank Transaction Entry used Enter Receipt, instead of Enter Transaction. We think there is another step we need to do to get the entry to show up to be reconciled in the bank. Can anyone help? I’m not sure how he filled out the rest of the information on the screen. This is all the information I was given. 🙁

Jo deRuiter replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Pamela Stephenson

February 27, 2024 at 9:28 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

If you do a receipt, then you go to bank deposit entry, select the checking account it was recorded on. Mark it as a deposit, post, and it will show up on the bank reconciliation as a deposit.

• Jo deRuiter

February 28, 2024 at 1:59 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Tammy:

Pamela is right, but let me expound on that.

If you do a Receipt, whether it is in Bank Transactions or in Customer payments then the next step is to go to Financial>Transactions>Bank Transactions and go to Bank Deposits.

There you can group each individual receipt into the grouping you put on the deposit slip for the bank so that your bank deposit matches to the penny what you said you put on that deposit in GP – you can have multiple checks going to the bank and that’s why this functionality is here – to group the transactions into the deposit you took to the bank.

Many people in GP2016 and above have their customer receipts going directly into the bank in GP – this is a setting in GP, but this is not true for Bank Transactions so you must do the extra step there.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!