Dexterity datetime data type?

• Dexterity datetime data type?

Posted by David Morinello on June 16, 2020 at 5:04 pm
    • David Morinello

June 16, 2020 at 5:04 PM

OK, this should be simple (for Dexterity 18.00.0015.000) but I can’t find a solution.
      I am writing a Dexterity project in-house that updates Sales POs after the fact, and have a requirement for an Audit table to track changes. 

I have the table creating ok, but need to record the datetime for the local computer date & time. Dex_Row_TS won’t do because of project requirements.

I do not see an option for a datetime data type. I tried like this below, and can only update the date portion of the field in Dexterity code.
            ‘Changed_Date’    of table ASCEND_POCHANGE_AUDIT =  sysdate(); 

I see no datatime Data Type

How do I go about creating this custom table with a datetime field, and update it in dexterity with the local date & time of record creation?

——————————
      David Morinello
      Senior Dynamics GP Systems Architect
      Ascend Learning, LLC
      Leawood KS
      ——————————

• David Musgrave

June 17, 2020 at 2:30 AM

Hi David

Dexterity uses Date and Time as separate fields. In SQL they are stored as datetime with no time and datetime with fixed date, but in Dexterity you need to use separate fields.

There is support for a datetime datatype, but that is primarily for passing to .Net code.

You can use sysdate() and systime() or if you want to sync with the SQL Server you can use sysdate(CURRENT_SERVER) and systime(CURRENT_SERVER).

Hope this helps.

David

——————————
      David Musgrave MVP, GPUG All-Star

Managing Director
      Winthrop Development Consultants

Perth, Western Australia

http://www.winthropdc.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Morinello replied 3 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Dexterity datetime data type?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!