Customer Transaction report

• Customer Transaction report

Posted by stephaniemyers@nafi.com on March 13, 2024 at 2:34 pm

I am looking for a report in GP or smartlist that will show me all a customers invoices with the payments applied to them. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Jo deRuiter replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • David Morinello@mttsvc.com

March 13, 2024 at 3:22 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Have your looked at these reports? Kind of the first line Go To for useful reports.

Victoria Yudin | SOP SQL Views

• Pamela Stephenson

March 13, 2024 at 4:55 pm
    Up
    Down

Stephanie, I use the column Current Transaction amount, in smartlist. This will show the balance on each invoice, instead of the full sales amount. It will give you invoices as well as payments and returns, all as positive, but you can adjust that in Excel by including the document type.

• Jo deRuiter

March 14, 2024 at 10:24 am
    Up
    Down

Hi @stephaniemyers

@david-morinellotruckpro-com is accurate, there are no out of the box SmartLists for seeing what check or credit memo applied to what invoice or vice versa.

Victoria Yudin produced several SQL Views that can help create that SmartList. There are steps to getting this done.

1) Create the SQL view in SQL (you may need your IT or Partner to help you with this)

2) Grant Security to the view to Dyngrp

3) Use SmartList either with SmartList Builder or SmartList Designer – whichever you guys have – and link to that view

Then you will have the needed SmartList.

This is the page on Victoria Yudin you would use for the SmartList you are looking for.

https://victoriayudin.com/2010/02/15/sql-view-with-ar-apply-detail/

Granted, you may want more fields than she has here and that’s where you can ask your IT, partner, or trusted consultant to build a more thorough report for you!

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!