• CRYSTAL REPORTS

Posted by DSC Communities on January 3, 2017 at 2:26 pm
    • Douglas Hart

January 3, 2017 at 2:26 PM

Can you help

I am trying to duplicate a Crystal report —-

The existing report is using a specific GP Database

I need a version of the report looking at a different GP Database

copied the report …. I cannot change the SQL QRY —- It is still looking at the original

Any help is greatly appreciated

——————————
      Douglas Hart
      Dynamics Administrator
      Forex Capital Markets
      New York City NY
      ——————————

• Troy Dengel

January 4, 2017 at 8:10 AM

Douglas,  After you copy the Crystal report to a new name, you need to go to the Database tab, and select the “Set Datasource Location”

1. Use the Create New Connection to open the database you want to report on.

2. Replace each database field in the report with the field from the new company using the Update button for each field

3. when you are finished, close the “Set Datasource location” and you report should work for the new company .

——————————
      Troy Dengel
      Controller
      Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn, Inc.
      Frankenmuth MI
      ————————————————————————-

• Jason Shultz

January 4, 2017 at 8:34 AM

To expand on what Troy described, you can verify that your datasource table/view/procedure is using the correct database by expanding each item in the Data Source tree.  Under the Properties of the item you’ll notice a field labeled Catalog which will be followed by the database name.

In this example, the UPR00100 table is coming from the ALN database.

Make sure you review each table’s properties after following Troy’s instructions to ensure that your datasource is setup correctly.

——————————
      Jason Shultz
      IT Director
      Construction Labor Contractors LLC
      Richfield OH

• Michael Taranto, CPA

January 4, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Hi Douglas,

This is the method I use to change the database in Crystal Reports.  I go to the Database pull down menu and select Set Datasource Location. You should have another ODBC connection setup before you go here.

You will then be presented with the following screen which allows you to replace the database.

You will highlight the table in the current report (top window) and then find your ODBC for the new connection in the bottom window.  Highlight the same table(s) and click the update button. 

Hope this helps.

Mike

——————————
      Michael Taranto
      ERP Consulting LLC
      Pataskala OH

• Adam Jacobson

January 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Do you have screen shots at least of the query and/or the connection?

In general, the query itself should not specify the database.   It’s been a while since I’ve done Crystal but there is an option to set the database location so you can change where the report is pointing.

——————————
      Adam Jacobson
      President
      Red Three Consulting, Inc.
      Bronx NY

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘CRYSTAL REPORTS’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!