Cleaning up AR

• Cleaning up AR

Posted by DSC Communities on December 7, 2016 at 3:13 pm
    • Jim Eickhoff

December 7, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Here are the two questions for the GP group.

We have a few outstanding payments sitting in GP in our AR aging that were entered by legacy staff.  They are errors reflected in the aging as POSITIVE amounts.  Most likely because someone entered a negative refund and then never corrected it. The only way to clear them out appears to be by voiding them.  We were not able to use the Write Off routine or use Credit/Debit memos.  We can create memos but the system will not allow us to apply them.  Should we just void them or is there a better way?  Voiding will impact our bank rec which we can correct but is not ideal.  Total of six transactions for a few hundred dollars.

Additionally, the void function will not work for outstanding payments that have been partially applied. Thus we have no idea how to get these ones out of the system.

Thanks much!

——————————
      Jim Eickhoff
      Funky Chunky, LLC
      Edina, MN
      ——————————

• Katie Pieczynski

December 13, 2016 at 12:07 PM

I am sure others will have a better idea, but I recently had something similar happen.  The payments were in a closed year.  I had to use the PSTL and the RM transaction Un apply function.  If you do this, make sure to do a backup first and test it in the test company.

——————————
      Katie Pieczynski
      Accounts Receivable Manager
      DANSR
      Champaign IL
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Cleaning up AR’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!