Child credits

• Jo deRuiter

March 26, 2024 at 3:13 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@calvin-smithus-bigdaishowa-com

Essentially, when you have setup a national accounts hierarchy in Sales>Cards>National Accounts and marked there that you Allow Receipts for Entry for Children of the National Account then this field (below) in the apply window will open up.

CAVEATS: The customers must have been setup as national accounts related BEFORE you entered the transactions. This is because when you enter a transaction for a national account then a specific field in the SQL tables fills out with that information and if you had not yet setup the relationship, that field is blank.

Here are some screenshots to help out, but if you are not able to do this, then it is likely the transaction(s) in question were entered BEFORE the national account was setup

• Calvin Smith

March 26, 2024 at 4:37 pm
      Up
      Down

i am still confused, does the child and the parent has to be setup as a national account?

Thanks

• Jo deRuiter

March 27, 2024 at 8:06 am
    Up
    Down

Hi @calvin-smithus-bigdaishowa-com

Yes, in order to have one customer be able to affect another customers payments and invoices they have to be setup with a relationship in the National Accounts card.

It’s very easy to set this up, but as I said before, it would have to have been setup before you entered the transactions in question.

• Calvin Smith

March 27, 2024 at 10:26 am
      Up
      Down

Perhaps i was not clear. I have already setup the parent account as a nation account and then i added the child account to the parent account. Now when i receive payments i open the parent account and apply the payment to the invoices (parent/child). However, if I need to apply a Credit that is in a child account, but the child has no open invoices then it won’t let me apply it. I can only apply a credit to other child invoices only if it is in the parent account. Is there’s anything i can do to make this possible?

• Kerry Hataley

Organizer
        April 1, 2024 at 8:28 am
        Up
        Down

Good Morning Calvin…

This is a limitation of National Account, well not really – it is designed to be that way…

A child can not push credits to the parent or another child.

You need to do the following:

1a. Create a debit memo for the child (debit AR, credit Suspense)

1b. Apply the credit memo for the child to this created debit memo

2a. Create a credit memo to parent/other child (debit Suspense, credit AR)

2b. Apply the new credit memo to the parent/other child

Kerry

• Devon Southall

April 3, 2024 at 1:17 pm
    Up
    Down

I always make the suggestion that credits only be entered on the Parent account, if possible. That would eliminate this issue in the future.

that is, sort of, the rationale behind the setting on the National account, if to allow payment receipt entry on the Child accounts:

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!