Change Price of Kit on Order

• Change Price of Kit on Order

Posted by Daryle Ridley on March 23, 2018 at 10:42 am
    • Daryle Ridley

March 23, 2018 at 10:42 AM

We have just recently changed our pricing method on items in GP to % Margin – Standard Cost.    We have no problems with items not in a kit, however, I am seeing that we are not able to change the sales price of our kit items.   We need to be able to change them sometimes to be competitive or maybe even raise the price in certain instances.   We currently get the “You can’t edit the price of a kit item when the price is based upon the component cost”.   

I know i can go into the SOP setup and uncheck the “Calculate Kit Price Based on Component Cost”, but they does not return any price for the sales person to start with.   
      What work arounds or other solution can we use to make this work?  

Thanks for your help.
      Daryle

——————————
      Daryle Ridley
      Director of IT
      Formetco
      Duluth GA
      ——————————

• Michael Gummel

March 26, 2018 at 11:41 AM

Steve,

It should work properly if you have a std cost set on the kit item inventory master card as well as the price list setup on the kit.

——————————
      Michael Gummel
      Prod Engineer
      Paradigm Technology Consulting
      Allentown NJ
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Michael Gummel

March 26, 2018 at 11:42 AM

sorry, Darryl.   Was looking at another post and got the wrong name — I apologize.

——————————
      Michael Gummel
      Prod Engineer
      Paradigm Technology Consulting
      Allentown NJ
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Daryle Ridley

March 26, 2018 at 2:49 PM

I have a standard cost on each component of the kit.  The kit parent does not have a cost, but thats fine.  We are generating our sales price off the standard cost.   The pricing calculates correctly, but if I ever want to change the price, the system give me the message stated in my original post.

——————————
      Daryle Ridley
      Director of IT
      Formetco
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Daryle Ridley replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Change Price of Kit on Order’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!